xxxvi. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter thirty six; nationals
B E A U

"Mr. Shue is leaving for broadway." Kurt announced as he looked down at his phone. "I knew it! I knew he was lying!" I announced and everyone looked at me.

"What? I cannot be the only one who noticed how weird he started acting when we first arrived." I said. The door swung open and we were met with Mr. Shue with two boxes of pizza.

"Speak of the devil." I said amusedly. "Alright, guys. Who's up for some real New York City...pizza?" Mr. Shue asked all of us. "We heard." Finn told him. "Heard what?" The older man questioned.

"About you leaving to be on Broadway." Mercedes responded. "Look. I haven't made up my mind about anything." Mr. Schuester stated. "We get it. And we're happy for you. You've inspired us in so many ways so...this is just another." Rachel said sincerely.

"I don't understand. Who t-Who told you guys?" Our glee club instructor asked. "Goolsby." All of us answered simultaneously. "Are you okay, Mr. Schue?" I asked concernedly.

"I'm not going. I'm staying with you guys. I had my moment on that stage, and it was glorious. But you and I...have some unfinished business to take care of." Mr. Shue told us as he sat the pizza down.

"Now get out your notebooks. Time to get to work. Come on. This is nationals, people." He said hyping us up. "Whoo!" All of us cheered excitedly. As we were all celebrating Mr. Shue's return he walked up to me.

"Can I talk to you out in the hallway for a moment?" Mr. Shue asked as he walked up to me. "Sure. Kurt, I'll be right back." I told Kurt before following Mr. Schuester out into the hallway.

"I want you to sing a solo at nationals." He smiled and my jaw dropped. "Excuse me?" I said in disbelief. "You've proven yourself multiple times that you can handle a challenge. So, what do you say?" My teacher asked.

"I'll accept your offer." I responded. "Great, I want to hear your new song before you go to bed." He told me seriously. "Will do." I smiled before returning to the room.

*THE NEXT DAY*

"We made it. We're one of the top 50 show choirs in the nation. Tomorrow only 10 will move on to showcase, where they'll vie for the national championship." Kurt said as we entered the venue.

"We've so got this!" Tina said enthusiastically. "Okay. Usually I'm pretty cautious about getting your hopes up...but honestly, guys...I think we got a really good shot at winning this thing." Rachel said confidently as we walked backstage.