ix. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter nine; somebody to you
B E A U

This is the first time in my entire life where things are finally going right. For the past few months, I never had to worry about when my next meal is coming.

Or if I have to move across the country to go to a different group home. Don't get me wrong, my mother and I still have our arguments but, I took Quinn's advice and decided to actually try and build a relationship with my mother.

The same thing goes for Burt. The other day he took Finn and I out to a baseball game. He's slowly but surely becoming a stable father figure in my life.

This evening, Quinn and her mother is going to an important dinner and Quinn is bringing me along as her plus one. Ever since we won that duet competition and went on our first date at Breadstix, we've gotten really close.

Homecoming is coming up and not only do I want her to be my date to the dance, but I also want her to be my date to the party one of the guys from the football team is throwing.

I walked up to Quinn's door and rang the doorbell. I was met with Ms. Fabray. Her mother had to run a quick errand before she attends the dinner which is why I have to drive Quinn to the dinner.

"Well, don't you look handsome." Ms. Fabray smiled as she opened the door wide enough for me to walk through.

"Thank you, Ms. Fabray." I smiled as I entered her house. "Quinn should be finished in a moment." The cheerleader's mother informed me. "Sounds good." I smiled.

Right on cue, Quinn came down the steps in a black, fitted gown with a pair of white heels. She thought it would be wise to color coordinate since we're going to this dinner together.

"Quinn, you look stunning." I smiled as I extended my hand for her to grab as she walked down the stairs. "Thanks. You look handsome." She smiled as she adjusted my necktie.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked as I walked over to the front door. "Yeah, I have everything. Let's go." The cheerleader smiled before we walked out of her house. "I'll see you at the dinner." Ms. Fabray waved as we headed to my car.

I opened the passenger's side door for Quinn before I jogged over to the other side of the car. I fastened my seatbelt before I started the car. "You really do look amazing, Q." I smiled at her as I pulled out of her driveway.

"I think is my first time seeing you in formal attire. Your shirt suits your shoulders and arms nicely." She smiled as she squeezed my bicep. "Thanks. I've been preparing these bad boys for this occasion." I joked as I flexed one arm.