xv. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter fifteen; I'll protect you
B E A U

"Ugh...why are you guys here and why are you both with them?" I asked confusedly as Burt, Kurt, Finn, and our mother walked up to my locker.

"Is this one of those interventions, cause I haven't acted out in months. Maybe last weeks argument was bad but not that bad." I rambled.

"If it is, it's for all three of us. They bombed us and forced us to bring them to you." Kurt explained.

"Tell 'em." Burt said excitedly. "No, no." My mom smiled. "We said in the car-" Burt said but was interrupted by my mom. "Come on, please. You.Please." My mom begged.

I looked at both Kurt and Finn confusedly. "Alright. "So, you know how I drive Carole to work every Tuesday? Well, today I drove here and we snuck into that classroom where Kurt introduced us-very romantic of me, I might add, and I-" Burt explained but was once again cut off.

"He proposed! He proposed!" My mother announced as she showed us her engagement ring. "Ah! You stole the punch line!" Burt smiled before giving my mother a kiss.

-Wow. This just happened?" Finn asked as he gave me a look. I just stood there stunned as to what I just heard. "Oh, Dad!" Kurt smiled as he looked at my mother's ring.

"We wanted the three of you to be the first to know." My mom smiled. "Yeah, after the kids in that homeroom." Burt added. "Come on. Family hug." Burt said as he pulled all of us into a hug.

"I'm so excited and-and nervous." My mom expressed. "Don't be. Don't be." Kurt reassured her. "Oh, my God. This is just what I needed. I'll take care of it from here." Kurt announced.

"I have a trunk full of wedding magazines hidden under my bed. I'm thinking of a russet and cognac theme. Those are colors, boys. Fall wedding colors. Autumnal." Kurt explained to Finn and I.

"Nothing too extravagant, Kurt. Okay? We're gonna use whatever savings we have. We are spending it on the honeymoon. That's right. We're going to Waikiki." Burt announced.

"We're gonna go to the hotel where they put up the guest stars on Lost." He added excitedly. "Boys, you- you haven't said anything." My mom said to both Finn and I.

"Uh, I- I guess I'm just kind of stunned." Finn admitted. "Yeah, I'm at a lost for words. I kinda don't know what to say." I expressed. The last time my mom got married, she kicked my dad and I to the curb.

"Come on, guys. Be happy for me." Our mom said. "We are, Mom." Finn reassured her. "Alright. Now listen. Kurt, Mr. Wedding Planner, I want you to take care of one thing." Burt said.

"I don't care about the food or the booze at this party but I want one heck of a band. I've been eating right, I have been exercising and I want to boogie with Carole at this wedding. And I will boogie." He told him seriously.