xxxvii. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter thirty seven; a creative change
B E A U

RING!

"Hello?" I answered groggily. "Bo, where the hell are you and why haven't you been answering your phone?!" Ricky asked me seriously. "What time is it?" I yawned.

"Who is it?" Quinn asked groggily as she appeared from underneath her comforter. "Go back to sleep." I whispered and she nodded before laying back down. "Is that Quinn? Are you at her house?" Kj asked.

"Are you going to tell me why all you decided to call me at 6:30 in the morning? We are on summer break. I am not supposed to be up this early." I told my bandmates annoyedly.

"Did you forget about our meeting with that big time manager?" River questioned and my eyes shot wide open. "Fuck! I forgot all about that!" I answered as I quickly climbed out of Quinn's bed.

"We're already at the restaurant. Just get here." Kj said before hanging up the phone. "Where are you going?" Quinn asked as she yawned tiredly.

"You remember when I told you that the boys and I scored a meeting with that big time manager? Yeah, well it's today and I completely overslept." I explained as I quickly slipped into my pants.

"Don't worry, I'm coming back over after the meeting." I smiled as I brushed my hair up into a half-up half-down hairstyle. "Okay, let me know how it goes." Quinn smiled as she gave me a kick peck on the lips.

"Of course." I smiled as I grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys. "Make sure you grab some gum on your way." She laughed. "You're right." I grimaced as I blew my breath into my hand and smelt it.

"I'll see you later." I waved before I exited her room. Ever since nationals, Quinn and I have been rekindling our relationship. We're always either talking on the phone or hanging out in person.

It's been great. Even though I've been fearful of getting hurt again, I'm just happy where we are right now.

>>>

"I just want to start off by saying, the song you performed at your prom was amazing." Ron Davison, former manager of bands such as The Aces or The Roses smiled as we sat across from each other.

"Thank you." My bandmates and I said appreciatively.

"Let's cut right to the chase. I want to mange you guys. With proper management, I believe that you guys can sell out Madison Square Garden by your twelfth grade graduation." Ron told us seriously.

The boys and I exchanged looks before Ricky nodded his head. "We're honored that you would like to manage us. But with all due respect, how do we know that you won't rip us off?" Our leader asked bluntly.

"There has been numerous amounts of artists in this industry that has gotten ripped off by their managers. How can you guarantee that you're not trying to rip us off?" I asked him seriously as I folded my arms.

"We're a bunch of high schoolers who don't know a single thing about the music industry. We're sitting ducks waiting to get played. So back to my original question, How can you guarantee that you're not trying to rip us off?" I asked again.

"I didn't come here empty handed. The man next to me is a good friend of mine who's a lawyer. He can read you your contract and break it down for you." Ron replied seriously. "That would be great." Kj smiled.

After thirty minutes of Mr. lawyer explaining how everything works and all that other good stuff, we moved onto the next phase of today's meeting.

"Now that's out of the way, let's talk about your group image. You mentioned that you wanted to change some things?" Our new manager asked.

"Yes, we do. Since we're about to officially debut, we decided that sticking to one genre until we build a name for ourselves will be beneficial to the group. We all agreed on being rock focused for the time being." River replied.

"Secondly, River and I are going to switch positions. River doesn't really like the bass and I'm exceptionally well at it. Surprisingly, he's really good at the guitar. He might be better than me." I laughed.

"So, I will now play the bass and River will now be the lead guitarist." I announced. "Is there anything else that you guys would like to change before your official debut?" Ron asked the four of us.

"Nope." Ricky answered. "Okay, great. I will contact you when I find out when you will be filming the official music video for your debut song." Our manager smiled as he shook our hands. "Sounds great." I smiled.

>>>

"Since we're changing our groups sound and image, we might as well change our individual image, right?" Kj asked as the four or us stood outside of a barber shop. "It's been fun while it lasted." I said dramatically before we entered.

Thankfully, the barbershop is empty which means, we're all able to get seen at the same time instead of waiting hours for everyone to get seen individually.

"What would you like?" The older woman asked as she wrapped the hair apron around me. "Something like this. It's kinda like a mohawk but not really." I replied as I showed her a picture of the hairstyle that I wanted.

"That's cute. It will look nice on you." The barber smiled. "Sounds good." I smiled as she took my hair out of the ponytail. She ran her hands through my hair before she got to work.

It took her about thirty minutes to complete the full look. Once she was finished styling it, she spun me and my chair around so I can see my reflection in the mirror.

"So, what do you think?" The older woman smiled. "I think I look like a completely different person. I love it. Thanks." I smiled appreciatively.

After I paid her, I walked over to my bandmates. "So, what do you think fellas?" I smiled as I folded my arms. "Woah, you look like a completely different person." Ricky smiled as he examined my haircut.

"That was the idea." I laughed.

>>>

I jogged up the steps of Quinn's front porch. I looked at my reflection in her door before I rang her doorbell. I was automatically met with the blonde haired girl. She instantly gasped at the sight of my haircut.

"What do you think?" I smiled as I rested my hands in my pockets. "I think you look hot." She smiled. "Really?" I smiled. "Really." Quinn repeated as she grabbed my hand and pulled me inside of her house.