xl. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter forty; last first day
B E A U

"Beau, there you are! I have been looking all over for you!" Kurt said as he and Rachel came walking over towards me. "Are you okay? Is someone bothering you? You're sweating. You never like to sweat." I asked him seriously.

"No one is bothering me. You're applying to Juilliard with us right?" My stepbrother asked. "I already told you that I am thinking about it." I sighed deeply.

"Great, let's go to Ms. Pillsbury so we can go get our application fee waiver." Rachel smiled as she and Kurt both locked their arms with mines.

Once we entered our guidance counselors office, the three of us sat down in the chairs that were laid out in front of her desk. "We have an important announcement to make." Kurt told the older woman.

"I thought this day might come. Really, this is the only dating combination that the glee club hasn't tried." Ms. Pillsbury smiled and I grimaced disgustedly. "Not a single one of us are dating each other." I replied.

"Beau, Kurt, and I will be auditioning for Juilliard, the best performing arts school in the entire nation." Rachel announced.

"That's a very good plan, guys. It's fabulous. Except Juilliard doesn't have a musical theatre department." The older woman informed us. "Wait, what?" Kurt questioned.

"Have you guys thought about somewhere closer to home? Kent State has a wonderful musical theatre program." Ms. Pillsbury offered and I shook my head. "I do not what to stay in the midwest longer than I have to." I stated bluntly.

"It's bad enough I've been in this close-minded ass county for two years." I added. "No...No, thank you. No one ever became a star by playing it safe." Rachel stated. "We're going to New York." She continued. "We are." Kurt said in agreement.

"I think I have the school for you." Ms. Pillsbury smiled as she handed the three of us a pamphlet to some school I have never heard of before.

"NYADA?" I said confusedly. "New York Academy for the Dramatic Arts. US News and World Report ranked them the number one college in the nation for musical theatre." The older woman smiled.

"It's really competitive. They only take about 20 students a year, but they do a regular mixer for prospective students, and this year, the Midwest's top talent is rubbing elbows at the Dayton Doubletree on Thursday night." She informed us.

"You could go and check out the competish! Yay! Yay, college!" The guidance counselor cheered happily. I'll just apply to both schools and hope for the best for both of them.