iv. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter four; it's britney...bitch
B E A U

"I'm looking at your transcript from your last school and your grades seem to be pretty spotless. But you do have a handful of tardy slips, warnings, and suspensions." The guidance counselor read aloud.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked confusedly. Since I'm a new student at McKinley, I have to do all of this corny-ass, future career paperwork. For the past ten minutes, she's been talking my head off about my future.

"No, not necessarily. What do you want to do in life? Who do you want to be? What are some of your dreams in life?" Ms. Pillsbury questioned. "All of a sudden?" I laughed.

"Dreams? Dreams are expensive." I expressed. "You can't buy it. Not with hard work. My dream is to graduate. Go to college, get a job. Have kids, raise kids. Live an average life and die." I added bluntly and she looked at me sadly.

"I'm certain that there are things you dream to accomplish in life." She told me seriously as I leaned back into my chair. "I already told you what I want to accomplish in life." I sighed frustratedly.

"I'll get a good job and then have a family." I explained. "That sounds like someone else's dream. What do you want to do? I heard about your glee club audition." Ms. Pillsbury said.

"Mr. Shue believes that you can go far on broadway." She smiled and my eyes widened. "Really?" I asked and just for that small inkling of hope, I was brought back to reality.

"Sorry, I can't. Can I be excused? Class is starting soon and I don't want to be late?" I asked as I stood up from my seat. I'm over this conversation. I'm done talking about false hopes.

"Sure, go ahead." Ms. Pillsbury smiled as I stood up from my chair. I grabbed all of my belongings and exited her office.

>>>

"Everyone, please gather round." I said as I entered the choir room. "Next weekend, Beau and I are hosting a glee club party that'll eventually lead into a sleepover. You all are invited." Quinn announced.

"I'm in charge of the entertainment and Beau's in charge of the snacks. So, just leave that all to us." Quinn smiled.

"Mike, Artie, and I are so there." Tina said excitedly. "Count me in as well." Santana smiled. "You guys know I'm always down for a party." Mercedes smiled.

"I would never miss an opportunity to go to a classic house party. I'll be there." Kurt smiled. "Will there be food there?" Brittany questioned. "Uh...yeah." I laughed. "I'll see you there." The cheerleader stated.