xiv. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter fourteen; boys v. girls
B E A U

"The boys beat us the last time we competed against them. We've got to bring the noise hard this time." Mercedes stated as we were creating our costumes.

"Can someone tell my why Beau is in here?" Tina questioned as all of the girls looked at me as I was sitting in the corner of the choir room.

"I'll have you all know that, I'm Quinn's ride home. As soon as you all are finished doing all of this, I am dropping her off at her house. I'm not listening to any of your conversations." I explained as I pulled out one of my earphones.

"To be fair, they didn't officially beat us. We got busted for vitamin D possession before the vote." Quinn explained. "What the fuck were you all doing in here last year?" I asked in disbelief.

"I thought you said you weren't listening to any of our conversations?" Mercedes said as she raised an eyebrow. "How do you expect me to not react to that. I will go back to ignoring you all now." I responded.

"Wait. Something's definitely wrong. Why isn't Rachel talking?" Santana questioned as she sat her hot glue gun down. "Yeah, she should totally be bossing us around right now." Brittany added.

"The idea of the assignment was to do the opposite of what we normally do. I'm just trying to stick to the lesson plan, which is
proving nearly impossible since you're gluing those sequins on backwards." Rachel replied.

"Spies!" Rachel shouted as she pointed towards Puck and Artie. "Lighten up--we're here to talk to Santana and Brittany." Puck reassured her. "Hmm. So, how does it feel to be a free man?" Santana asked curiously.

"All I can say is that I don't want a long-term relationship with either of you." Puck stated. "Especially Brittany, since I'm not in love with her." Artie added.

"Do you guys want to go out to dinner tonight?" Brittany questioned. "Not really." Puck answered rudely. "Oh." Santana said disappointedly.

"Tell you what, you two show up at Breadstix tomorrow night around 7:00. If we don't find hotter chicks to date tonight, we might show up." Puck told them.

"You are totally cool." Brittany smiled. I looked at both of them in disbelief. "San, there is no way in hell that you are going out on a date with him." I told the cheerleader as I pulled out one of my earphones.

"I hate to break it to you but, you don't get to dictate that Beau." She replied. "Your taste in men if fucking awful." I said bluntly as she continued decorating her costume for the performance.

*THE NEXT DAY*

"Hey, can you help me tie this?" Quinn asked as she raised up a black bandanna. "Of course." I smiled. Quinn kinda calmed down with the entire Beiste situation. She's still confused by it but, she's definitely not as angry as before.