x. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter ten; my first musical
B E A U

"You're doing great fellas, keep it up!" Coach Beiste smiled. "We're definitely doing better than last season. We were down by four points. Now, we're only down by two points." Dave said sarcastically.

I looked back at the scoreboard and the game is currently forty to forty-two. The only reason they have two more points than us is that they went for a two-point conversion.

"It's our homecoming game, do you know how embarrassing that would be if we lose?" Puck said seriously. "We only have sixty seconds left, there's nothing that we can do." Finn sighed.

"Do you guys hear yourselves? We're only down by a field goal. We can easily make up the two points." I said confidently. "We're going to win this game." I added seriously. "And how exactly are we going to do that?" Mike asked.

"Finn, throw me the ball." I ordered before I took a sip of my water bottle. I tossed threw it down on the bench before I slid my helmet back on.

"Number six has been blocking you the entire game." My older brother responded. "No, he's been trying to block me. I'm too fast for him." I corrected him.

"Look at him, he has been pushing himself the entire game, trying to catch me. He has completely tired himself out." I pointed out as my teammates looked at the tired defensive linemen.

"If we get a field goal, we will just tie and go into overtime. If I score this touchdown, we'll be up by four points." I continued. "He's right. Finn, pass him the ball. I'll make sure he has an opening." Puck said seriously.

"Thanks, man." I replied. "Alright, you heard them. Make sure Beau is open." Coach Beiste ordered as the whistle blew. "You got this." Mike smiled as he patted my shoulder pads.

As I jogged back onto the field, I saw Quinn cheering for me. She waved and I waved back before I jogged over to my position. As soon as Finn snapped the ball, I ran my route.

As Puck promised, he was on number six. I raised my hand and Finn launched the ball across the field. I skillfully caught it and continued to run my route.

I heard the stands rumble as the crowd stomped on the bleachers. It felt electric. It's moments like this that led me to fall in love with the sport.

Once I made it to the touchdown, the ref blew his whistle for two reasons. One reason is that the touchdown was good and the second reason is that the game is over.