xviii. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter eighteen; our first christmas
B E A U

"Merry Christmas." I smiled as I walked up to Santana's locker. "Christmas isn't until Monday." My best friend laughed. "No, I'm giving you your gift now. I probably won't get to see you until after the break." I responded.

"So instead of giving you the gift after the holiday, why not give it to you before the holiday?" I smiled as I handed her the gift bag. She looked at me surprisingly before excepting the gift.

She opened the bag and pulled out two Chanel perfume bottles. "Chanel?! This must've cost you a fortune! I can't take this." My best friend said in disbelief and I shook my head.

"I swiped it without the cashier looking." I joked and she glared at me. "I'm just joking...partially." I stated.

"Thank you so much. It smells really good." The cheerleader smiled before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Of course." I smiled. "I still can't believe you got me my first ever expensive perfume. If I didn't know any better, I would think that you have a crush on me." Santana teased.

"It's not too late for me to return the gift." I replied. "Do you want to walk to glee club together?" I asked as I extended my arm so she could lock her arm with mines.

"Do you even half to ask?" Santana laughed as we walked down the hallway with our arms interlocked. Santana and I always walk like that whenever we're together. We're just that close.

Once Santana and I entered the choir room, we started helping the other club members decorate the room. We finished by the time Mr. Shue arrived. "Hey, guys. What's this?" Mr. Shue questioned.

"We're trying to get into the Christmas spirit, Mr. Schue. Christmas is totally my favorite holiday. And check out this awesome tree. I found it on the side of the road. It must have fell off some guy's car." Finn smiled.

"And the ornaments?" Our glee club instructor asked. "The guy who lives next door finally killed off his elderly mother. When they carted him off, they left the house wide open. I think she was a holiday hoarder." Santana explained.

"Uh-And the presents?" Mr. Schuester asked. "I lifted them from a display at the mall. But don't worry. They're empty." Puck told him honestly.

"Guys, I appreciate the effort, but this isn't what Christmas is supposed to be like." Mr. Schuester sighed. "For us it is. This tree is like a mascot for Glee Club." Mercedes responded.

"We won sectionals two years in a row and according to everyone at this school, we still suck." Tina added. "I'm pretty sure they just added food coloring to real slush from the parking lot." Quinn stated.

"You can eat that, you know." Lauren chimed in. "No. I am not gonna let you guys throw yourselves a pity party. Look, I'm the first one to say...that things haven't turned out exactly how I would have liked them to this year." Mr. Shue started.