xlvi. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter forty six; mashups ii.
B E A U

"Do you think anyone heard what Finn said the other day?" Santana asked as she was pacing back and forth in the Trouble Tones music room.

"I don't know but I have a feeling someone did. The hallway was super crowded." I sighed. "What am I going to do?! I'm not ready to come out just yet!" My best friend expressed.

"You were the only person who was supposed to know!" She panicked. A few months ago, I found out that Santana was into girls. It was kinda easy. I just put two and two together.

The way she looks at Brittany is the way I look at Quinn. I stood up from my seat and rested my hands on her shoulders. "Whatever happens, you have me, okay?" I reassured her.

"We'll get through this together. You're not going to get through this alone. Whatever you need, even if it's a place to stay, I got you." I smiled. She didn't say anything, she just pulled me into a hug.

She started to cry in my arms. Besides Brittany, I believe that I'm one of the few people who sees Santana's true vulnerability. It makes me happy that she trusts me enough to be herself.

"Alright, let's go to the auditorium. We have to participate in the mashup competition. But, if you're not feeling up for it, I'll sit out with you. We can do whatever you want to do." I told her.

"No, let's participate. We need to look like everything is normal." The cheerleader replied as she wiped her eyes. "If that's what you want then, sure." I said as I gave her a supportive smile.

We exited our practice room and headed to the auditorium. Once we entered the auditorium we joined our respective clubs. I looked over at Finn and it was taking every fiber in my body to not go over there and beat the shit out of him.

"Welcome everyone, today is one of the first annual McKinley High Mash-Off! Okay, a couple of ground rules. Everyone, there will be no heckling of any kind, okay?" Ms. Shelby asked.

"Alright, here we go. Finn will represent the New Directions; Santana, the Trouble Tones for the rock-paper-scissor face-off to see who will perform first, all right?" Mr. Schue announced.

"One, two, three!" Ms. Shelby called out as Finn and Santana shook their fists simultaneously. "Yeah! Yeah!" Rachel cheered loudly. "Okay, paper covers rock. New Directions, take the stage!" Ms. Shelby smiled.

*THE NEXT DAY*

While Brittany, Santana, and I were sitting in the Trouble Tones practice room, Brittany started talking. "I think you need to stop making fun of Finn. You're being really harsh." Brittany said seriously.