xlii. | Be My Mistake

(Beau's Outfit)

(Beau's Outfit)

chapter forty two; need a friend?
B E A U

"Where do you want the stick-on letters?" I asked my stepbrother as we were in the living room making his campaign posters. "At the top, in the center. Make sure they're evenly spaced out." He answered.

"Yes sir." I responded. "I honestly don't even know why you even asked me to help you with your posters. Couldn't you have asked Blaine or Mercedes?" I questioned as I placed one of the letters onto the poster board.

"I already told you, Blaine is hanging out with some of his Warbler friends which means, you're stuck helping me make my campaign posters." Kurt explained. "Fine." I huffed out as I picked up another letter.

"Kurt, I finally found that expensive cheese for the gay fancy charcuterie board that you've been talking nonstop about." I heard my mother say as she walked through the front door.

"You didn't." I said in realization as my mother entered the living room. "Don't tell me that you had me come over here for her." I said seriously to my stepbrother. "If I would have asked you, would you have came?" Kurt asked.

"Hell no! I knew something was up, you've been acting weird ever since you asked me for help." I exhaled frustratedly as I stood up from the couch.

I gathered my belongings and as I was heading over towards the front door, my mother grabbed my arm. "Beau, wait." My mom sighed. "What?" I asked rudely. "Come home." She said softly.

"Why should I? It's like a continuous battle with you. You kick me out or ground me over small things. Who's to say that you won't kick me out because I forgot to take out the trash or wash the dishes?" I questioned.

"That's why I'm suggesting counseling. I found a great family therapist and I feel like we should see her." My mother suggested and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll come back home but I am not going to counseling." I replied before walking out of the front door.

*THE NEXT DAY*

"Five, six...seven, eight." Mr. Shue counted down but stopped once Mercedes entered the auditorium. "You're late." Mr. Shue scolded. "I know. I overslept." Mercedes answered as she sat her bag down.

"It's 4:30 in the afternoon." Santana told her. "My alarm clock went off 30 minutes late this morning. Kind of shifted my whole schedule. Anyway, what's Santana doing here?" Mercedes asked confusedly.

On the first day of school, Santana was given instructions to set one of the purple pianos on fire by coach Sue and she stupidly complied. So, she was kicked out of the glee club for a couple of days.