Chapter 86

"Are you ready, Abby-Lynn?" Isabella questions, peeking her head in through the door. Josh and I arrived at the hospital about thirty minutes ago, and have been escorted into a hospital room where I was forced to change out of my comfortable clothing, aka Josh's clothing, to a thin hospital gown. I've been sitting on the bed, just looking over all of Josh's facial features as he talked about random things.

I look towards the door and nod, smiling at her. She has been the nicest doctor I've ever had, and I will appreciate it more than she will ever know. Josh squeezes my hand tightly, leaning over to kiss my shoulder. Isabella had allowed him to be in here, but he can't come into the operating room.

"I'll be outside the door so you guys can have a couple more seconds of privacy. Just open the door when you're done." She smiles softly, closing the door behind her. I look up at Josh and grin, trying not to show how scared I am about this surgery.

"I love you." He says, leaning in to give me a soft, passionate kiss. I return it, trying to compile as much love as I can in it. When he pulls away, he smiles. Josh walks over to the door and nods at me, and when I nod back, he opens the door.

"Ok?" Isabella asks, standing in the door way. I nod. Time to get this over with.

~~~
~Josh P.O.V.~

"Yeah, mom. She's still in there." I run a hand over my face, trying to rid my mind of any negative thoughts. My mom called me thirty minutes after Abby went in, as if she knew I needed someone to talk to... even if that someone asks every five minutes if she is out yet.

"Do you want me to come down there? I can, and you know I will. You don't have to be waiting alone." Her voice sounded so concerned, but I knew I couldn't ask her to come. If Abby has to be in there alone, I can be out here alone.

"I'll be ok mom. You and dad should go out to eat or something and you can call me when you're done." She sighs and agrees to call me later. When I hang up, I toss my phone to a nearby chair and slump over, hands resting on my head.

All I want is for Abby to walk out, with the little bounce in her step, and say she is better. Then we go home and start planning our wedding while she is on tour with me. But we both know that can't happen. She has to rest, has to heal before she can even consider coming back on tour. It's just incredibly weird doing something alone that the both of us love.

Our wedding, God that's even weird to think about. We haven't talked much about it, but we know we want it to be in September, because she loves the fall. We also want one of the colors to be a purple, but we are arguing over the idea of light purple or dark purple. Abby seems like the kind of person to have a wedding with family from all over the world coming to participate. She can invite as many people as she wants, I don't care. As long as everyone there gets to watch me get married to the most beautiful girl ever, I'll be ok.

"Earth to Joshling." A hand waves in front of my face. Blinking a couple of times, I see Tyler standing there, proud of his nickname. By his side is Jenna, who is holding an extra hoodie in her hands. She pushes it to me, and I gladly take it, finally realizing that there is a slight chill in the waiting room.

"Brought it for you." Jenna smiles, sitting down on my left side as Tyler sits beside her. I slid it over my head, grateful to have these two as my friends. Tyler reaches over and pats my back, and starts to get comfy in his chair. "We didn't want you or Abby to feel alone right now, so we decided that we would force our presence upon you." Jenna nudges my shoulder, causing me to smile.

"How long has she been in there?" Tyler asks, looking around the room. He looks a bit anxious to be in here, but Jenna holds his hand tightly.  Looking at the time that my mother called me, I do the calculations in my head.

"A hour and a half." They both nod, the mood taking a serious turn. We all sit there, sometimes quiet, sometimes making small chit chat. But all waiting to see the outcome of the surgery.

~~~

Time passes by slowly, each second dragging along. Jenna has been playing on her phone while Tyler has been 'editing' photos, trying to make me laugh.

"Mr. Dun?" Isabella walks through the door.