Chapter 65

"Where are we going?" Josh whines for the millionth time this past hour. Tyler rolls his eyes, which Josh can't see considering he had a blindfold on. Grabbing Josh's hand, I kiss it, smiling like crazy. He tilts his head towards me and pouts.

"Hey, Tyjo. Play that song." I say, trying not to giggle as Tyler smiles at every house we pass by. He nods and looks at Jenna. She puts the CD in, and seconds later Trees starts playing. To try to distract himself, Josh drums along to the beat, the rest of us bouncing.

As we get closer to the house that I've only seen in a music video, it takes everything in me to not scream. Seeing the lovely people standing outside, I slowly position myself to be behind Josh.

"I want to know you, I want to see, I want to say, hello." Tyler and Jenna softly sing, both bouncing together. We slowly stop, and Tyler turns around. As it nears the end of the song, I very slowly untie the blindfold and Tyler holds his hands over Josh's eyes.

"Hello, hello!" The music ends, so Tyler drops his hands. As soon as Josh's eyes meet the person standing in front of the house, he is out of the car and running to her.

"Mom!" He lifts her up and spins her around, both of them grinning. My heart melts at them, and the rest of us get out of the car to go say hello.

"Hey, Momma Dun. Jenna and I are gonna go see our families real quick but we will be back for dinner, ok?" Tyler says, giving her a bear hug. She smiles up at Tyler, patting his shoulder.

"Sounds good. Be careful." She squeezes Jenna into a hug, and then together they walk back to the car, waving. "And you, you're even more beautiful in person than I thought!" She screams, throwing her arms around me.

Laughing slightly, I squeeze her, smiling. She pulls away and places her hands on my face. Looking into my eyes, I can only feel warmth from her.

"Thank you, Abby-Lynn." I nod slightly at her, grabbing her hands and squeezing them. When she moves away Josh attacks her with a hug again, grinning from ear to ear.

"I've missed you, Mom." He sighs out.

~~~~

"Josh, why don't you go upstairs and surprise your siblings." Mrs. Dun says, giving him a slight push to the stairs. He looks at me with a grin, asking permission with his eyes. I nod my hands and he blows me a kiss before rushing upstairs, three steps at a time.

"Come sit down with me sweetie. Would you like some coffee?" She looks at me and I nod. Looking all over the living room, I can't help but smile at all of the younger pictures of Josh and everyone else they have hanging up. Looking at a certain one, I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing at how childish and adorable he looks.

"That's one of my favorites." Mrs. Duns voice comes from behind me. Looking back at her, I see her smiling down at the photo. "Your cups on the table. Come, let's talk." Following her to the dining table, I sit down, grabbing the cup and pouring in some sugar.

"How was he on the car ride?" She looks at me from over her coffee mug.

"He was anxious. It was Tyler's idea to have him wear a blindfold so he wouldn't be able to tell. I hope he was surprised." She stares at me in the eyes the entire time while I talk.

"That boy never hugs me like that unless he is surprised. So you guys did good." We both laugh. I didn't realize how comfortable I would be, sitting here in Josh's house, having coffee with his mother. Honestly, it feels like I'm living some fans dream. "Now, how excited were you when Josh gave you the ring?!"

Mrs. Dun starts clapping her hands, and takes my hand in here to expect it. For a long while we just talk about everything.

"I've only seen you guys communicate a couple of times today, but dear, that boy is head over heels in love with you." She says, sighing with a smile and standing up. I raise my eyebrows at her and she continues. "The way he looks at you sweetie, it's beautiful. Like you're the light of his life." She says this and I can't help but giggle and scratch the back of my neck.

"That's because she is the light of my life, Ma." Josh's voice sounds from behind me. His mom smirks as blush covers my face. I feel Josh wrap his arms around my waist and he kisses my cheek. She pats his shoulder and carries our empty cups to the kitchen. Josh spins me around, a grin on his face.

"Thank you, baby girl." I lean forward and kiss his lips. He looks genuinely happy right now, and that's all that matters to me. "As a thank you, I want to take you out tonight. Just you and me Princess. Ok?" I nod and he goes into the kitchen to help his mom with the dishes. I sit down and listen to them bicker.

No matter how many times he says it, when Josh Dun calls me Princess, my heart about explodes.