Chapter 56

I can't breathe, I can't think, I can't even move. I don't know what's happening or why it is but I can't do anything. All I can remember is I was going on a walk, and everything turned black, but this time, I didn't wake up where I blacked out, no, I was in a completely different place. I've tried yelling for Josh, but nothing, not even a whimper will come out.

I don't know where he is, I haven't seen him. I don't even know where I am. There's a burning fire in my chest and I just want it to go away, I need it to go away.

"Sweetheart." I hear a voice breathe out. Not being able to turn my head, I move only my eyes to look at him from my sitting position on the floor. It's Tyler, and he is sweating, panting slightly. "Can you move?"

I just stare at him, and I guess he takes that as an answer, because he just sits down next to me. He wraps one arm around me, with his other hand, he grabs mine and starts massaging my fingers.

"This is what Jenna does when I can't move. I don't know what's going on with you, but I'm here, I'm always here." He scoots over more slightly, and he gently lays my head on his shoulder. "You can close your eyes if you want. Sometimes things are less scary. I'm right here. Nothing is going to happen."

Tears escape my eyes, and he slowly rocks us back and forth. Tyler keeps on whispering comforting things, telling me to breathe with him. When we inhale, he runs his finger up my palm to the tip of my fingertips, and for the exhale, he goes all the way down to the crook of my elbow.

Slowly, very, very slowly, I turn my head to look up at him. He's staring at our hands, a small, sad smile on his face. When he catches me looking, he glances down at me and kisses the top of my head.

"I have to contact Josh real quick." He says, grabbing his phone out of his pocket. Typing a quick text to him, he puts it back away. I raise an eyebrow at him, and instantly I'm surprised at how much energy it takes to just do that

"I got you this time. I don't want him stressing out too much, so I just told him I found you and that you're ok. Take your time. It's ok. When you're fully ready we will stand up." Tyler talks slightly fast, going back to running his fingers up and down my arm.

"He loves you so much, you know that, right? I've never seen him care about someone as much as he does for you. He used to be convinced he would never find a true love, but whenever him and I talk now, he just never shuts up about you. I'm honestly happy it's you and not anyone else. You are the best girl for Josh." The whole time Tyler speaks, he stares in my eyes.

"The last time I saw him this happy was when we started playing music together. I remember, he was so energetic to play, because he wasn't always the happiest of dudes, and it offered him to escape. That's what music does, especially for Josh. It makes things make sense for moments at a time." Tyler laughs, eyes glistening with memories from the past.

"But for a long time there, he lost that spark. It was like, music, the fans, even I couldn't change how he was feeling. But then he found your blog and got really into it, and that was his main concern for a long time. Everyday was just 'I have to make sure she is ok.'" I giggle slightly.

"One day he even flipped out on me because we didn't have wifi and I said it wasn't a big deal. He has said 'this is the most important thing! It's a huge f-ing deal. She has to be alive, and I need to help as much as I can.' That's the first time I heard him cuss. That's how I knew he was so passionate.

"And when he finally got to see you, Abby. It was like the purpose of his life was restored. I finally had gotten my full best friend back, and it's all thanks you to. Everyday he gets happier and happier, and he just falls more in love with you." He turns me completely around now, staring deep into my eyes with his hands on my shoulders.

"That's why I need you to stay alive. Not only are you a great friend to Jenna and I, but Josh, Josh needs you. You need to get medical help as soon as you can, because if you don't and something happens to you, all of us will be screwed up from it. You've impacted us so much, so we all want to be there for you. We're going to get through this together, I promise it's going to be ok."

I start bawling. Tears escape from his eyes too, and he grabs me and pulls me close, hugging me tighter than he ever has. We sob on each other for a while, eventually it's just the occasional sniffle. We both lean back and giggle at each other.

"I'm getting help after this tour, I promise. I just, we just have to make it through the next three days. Then I'll set up my appointment and find out what is wrong." I whisper, my throat hoarse. Tyler nods, smiling. He stands up and I hear some bones crack. He groans and wiggles out his arms and legs.

Reaching down his hand, he helps pull me up. I've gained back most of the feeling in my body, so to try to get it back completely, I do what Tyler did, causing him to laugh at me.

"Let's get you back to Josh." Tyler chuckles, wrapping his arm around me once more. We start walking, him leading the way because I have no clue where we even are. "Abby-Lynn?"

"Hm?" I look up at him, and he looks down at me with a smile. He squeezes my shoulder and looks back up, watching where we are going.

"Thank you for bringing the light back in his eyes."