Chapter 42

Crawling on top of Josh, I lay my head on his chest and smile. He looks so beautiful sleeping, like an angel. His hair is so fluffy, bed head making him look adorable. Brushing a couple of strands away from his face, he smiles in his sleep. I drag my finger against his lips, and his eyes flutter open.

"Happy Birthday, baby." He grins and wraps his arms around me as he blinks away the sleep. I kiss his nose, and I watch as a light blush goes across his cheeks.

"Thank you, Abby." His voice is quiet, as if he were still trying to sleep. He kisses my forehead, and I lay my head on his chest. Using my finger I draw patterns on his biceps while he plays with my hair.

"You want to go get birthday breakfast?" I ask him, sitting up suddenly, grinning. He excitedly nods his head and I jump up, throwing my hair into a bun. He jogs to his shirt which is hanging over a chair. We both slip on our shoes and grab our phones.

"Where do you want to go, Jish?" I ask, running my finger along the walls of the hallway. He is bouncing with every step, bobbing his head like a little kid.

"I don't know." He shrugs his shoulders and looks at me helplessly. Forcing my smile away, I nod and begin listing the places I know.

"-IHOP, McDonald's, I think the hotel has a breakfast buffet too." Josh gasps, looking around. We've made it to the cafeteria and there is the whole crew, standing around. They've decorated the place with balloons and streamers. When they see Josh, everyone cheers, and he just grins and grabs my hand.

"I never really had a choice, did I?" He asks, raising his eyes brows as we start to get close to everyone.

"Of course not, silly Jish." I wink at him, and release his hand, letting him chat with his friends.

~~~

"Oh my god, I am so stuffed." Josh groans, rolling around on the bed. Biting my cheek to keep from laughing, I get up to get the poor boy medicine.

"Don't you know how unhealthy it is to eat so much cake, and then eat tacos? For breakfast?" I question, shaking my head. He groans louder, as if trying to drown out my bickering. Walking back to him with some medicine, I give it to him.

Josh smiles at me after taking it, pulling me so I can lay down next to him. He wraps his arms around my waist, and I lay my head on his shoulder, staring at him.

"Rub my tummy baby... It hurts." He pouts and I roll my eyes, but I do what he asks. After all, he is the birthday boy. He closes his eyes and smiles. Soon enough I can hear his deep breathing. His arms are still tight around me, so I decide to nap too. I kiss his chest, wrapping the hand that was rubbing his belly around him.

~~~~

Waking up, I notice that Josh is gone. Sitting up really fast, I see him sitting on the floor in front of the TV, giggling to whatever he was watching. I crawl over to the edge of the bed, careful to make sure the bed doesn't squeak. Once I'm at the edge, I wrap my arms around him and he squeals.

"Abby-Lynn! Why would you do that." He lays his head back on the bed and laughs, trying to ignore how much I scared him. I kiss his cheek and get up, stretching. I can feel his eyes on me the whole time.

"What time is it? And when did you leave me?" I grab a water bottle, throwing him one as well.

"Two in the afternoon. And not long ago, I couldn't sleep anymore and I didn't want to wake you, so I decided to watch tv. And because it was funny I didn't want to wake you up by laughing." Rolling my eyes, I kiss him in the head, ruffling his hair after.

"How sweet, thank you. Now get ready. We are going out later." I walk into the bathroom, starting my makeup. Josh comes up behind me, phone in his hand. He wraps his arms around my waist and lays his head on my shoulder. I lay my hands on his one that his around my waist, and lay my head against his. When I smile, he snaps the picture. Grinning, he backs away.

"Beautiful." He walks away, going back to watching his show. I continue with my makeup, and a minute later I get a notification from Twitter.

@joshuadun "the best person to spend my birthday with. @AbbyLynnWins"