Chapter 83

Authors note~
I give you all permission to hate me for not updating. Writers block is a bitch when you hate everything you write, but I really will continue to try to produce the best chapters I can for you guys. Thank you for reading. I love all of you, have a good day xoxo~

Trigger warning- Depressssssssing thoughts.

~Josh P.O.V.~

"Abby...?" It's pitch black, like I have my eyes close. I would think I did if the darkness wasn't blurred by my tears. I don't know where I am, I don't know how I got here. I can hear distant laughing, as if a group of people are mocking me. The laughter was haunting, almost as if it was following me. It felt like they were standing right behind me, but whenever I turned around, I was met only with the darkness clouding my vision.

"Pathetic. Disgrace. Worthless." The laughter soon fades into words, each one acting as knife. Soon enough the voices are a deafening scream, followed by mocking laughter. It takes everything in me to keep walking when all I want to do is curl up in a ball and scream.

"This way." A soft voice beckons, sounding to my left. I take a deep breath and decided, screw it. The other voices sound harsher now, acting betrayed by the gentle voice.

"Kill yourself. You're nobody. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with you." I feel gusts of wind pushing me now, coming from all angles. The majority of them just feel like buckets of cold water being thrown at me, but there is one that's different. One is acting as a stable force, almost like a hand, on my lower back.

"You're almost there. Keep going." The difference between the voices have made me start crying. I can now tell who the voice belongs to. It's like my mind is suddenly working again, because now I can see a speck of light through the darkness.

I start running, ignoring the sharp claws of the shadows. There's no more laughing, just blood shattering screams. The shadows flash continuously from black to red, the only light that never changes is the white light that keeps on growing.

As I break through the white light, I fall to all fours, completely out of breath. I squint, trying to grow used to the sudden change. A hand runs through my hair, and I know that I was right about the voice. She's the only one I know who can calm me down with a single touch. Looking up, my eyes lock with the eyes of the girl I love.

"I knew you could do it."

Opening my eyes, I am blinded by the sun. Looking around, I see that everyone else on the plane is still asleep, the man behind me snoring. Rubbing my eyes, I take a deep breath in. Today's the day I get to see her again, after being away from her for two weeks.

Leaning back in my seat, I stare out the window and allow myself to get lost in thought. Two weeks ago tour started. I begged Abby to come, but I knew she couldn't, she had too many doctor appointments. The first night away from her was horrible, I couldn't sleep at all. Without her sleeping beside me, the nightmares grew ten times worse.

Every night I would wake up in a cold sweat, shaken to the core from each one. And even though I knew she was ok, I still called her after I woke up, having to be reassured. She never got mad at me for waking her up though, always calmed me down with her soft voice.

Today is the day she goes in for surgery. She would always calm me down at night, but I would always have to calm her down during the day. Her blackouts have gotten worse. The doctor says it's from the stress she's putting on herself. Thankfully, she agreed to stay at my moms house for the week until her mom came to stay at our house. It's terrifying to think of her being alone during her blackouts.

I really hope this surgery can make her better.

~~~

"Holy shit I've missed you." Abby-Lynn whispers, her voice cracking as she holds tightly onto me. As soon as I stepped off of the plane and got my bags, she was right there waiting for me. Two weeks since I've held my fiancée in my arms, two weeks since I've seen her beautiful face in person. I would be lying if I said I wasn't emotional right now.

"I've missed you. Tour life without you sucks. Tyler just isn't as fun to cuddle with." Her giggle is like music to my ears. Pulling away slightly, I kiss her forehead. When she backs up, she puts her hands on my cheeks and kisses me softly. My whole body relaxes, her touch feeling like home.

"Of course not. Come on, let's go get you some food. We have a couple of hours before we have to go to the hospital." She smiles up at me, her nose scrunching a bit. Taking her hand in mine, I smile as my fingers brush against the engagement ring I gave her.

I remember her crying when I asked her. It wasn't the most romantic proposal, but she loved it. As soon as she said yes and flung herself at me, Tyler and Jenna emerged from a nearby table where they were hiding. I had the pretend to leave, but go to a different table and record the whole thing.

Later that night, we had posted a photo of the video, a part where I was on my knee with the ring. The fans went crazy. They had even got 'DunWedding' trending worldwide on Twitter. Momma Dun was happier though. When we went over to tell her, she burst out crying and refused to let go of Abby. She just kept on repeating how happy she is to have a soon to be daughter-in-law like Abby.

Looking down at Abby-Lynn, I allow the biggest grin to take over my face. I am back with my beautiful girl right now, and I won't be leaving her side for the next week. Its only a wish that the rest of the week could feel like right now.