“What did you tell her?” I blurted out.

He turned to me with an amused expression and I rolled my lips into my mouth as if it would take my words back.

“You saw that?” He asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“Um…yea.”

He chuckled before leaning closer so his lips were brushing my ear.

“Putting it in a nice way I told her I wasn’t interested in a skank like her.”

I laughed at his attempt to put it in a nice way. She must’ve felt so humiliated; not that she didn’t deserve it.

“Good.” I said between laughs, receiving a chuckle from him and a kiss on my forehead.

“Can you believe that? Two assignments in a row, I swear that man wants us dead.” Eleanor sighed in frustration as we neared my house.

“Isn’t he just lovely?” I joked.

“Ugh, I hate him.” I kept whining.

“I have an assignment to hand too but I’m almost finished with it anyway.”

“Lucky you.” She said, parking the car in front of my house.

“I would ask if you want to hang out but those two assignments answer for themselves. “ I chuckled getting out.

“Unfortunately” she sighed, “we’ll go out shopping or something soon.” She winked before giving me a small wave and driving away.

“I’m home.” I said loudly.

Making my way to the living room, I sighed in relief once my back connected the soft couch.

“Hi, sweetheart.” My mom smiled, hovering over the couch I was laying on.

Suddenly, something heavy landed on my stomach making me cry out in pain.

“Alex, don’t jump on your sister like that!” My mom scolded while my brother just laughed.

“Sorry, Mel.” He jumped from me giving me a kiss on the cheek and turning his attention to the TV.

“It’s o-okay.” I choked out, clutching my stomach.

Grabbing my bag I decided that it was safer in the comfort of my room.

Just as I finished the last sentence of my assignment there was a knock on my door.

“Come in.” I called, shutting my laptop, “Oh, hi dad.” I said as walked into the door.

“Hi Melissa.” He kissed my forehead.

Catching a glimpse of the clock I realized it was only half past three.

“You’re early today, huh?” I asked, following him downstairs.

“Yeah, they let me go earlier today.”

I nodded heading into the kitchen for a drink.

“We need to talk to you about something, honey.” My mother joined us in the kitchen.

I nodded for her to continue while drinking my water.

“We might be moving back to Portugal.” My father got straight to the point, receiving a glare from my mom.

I mentally thanked that I had finished my water because I would’ve chocked.

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

“We might be moving back, because of my job-“

“No.” I interrupted, “We can’t go back now, we just started our lives here.” I spoke, the panic starting to kick in.