Chapter 2

Hey guys, so as I promissed here comes the second chapter.

Just like in the first chapter it may have some mistakes and I am really sorry. Also I tried to make it a little longer. Hope you enjoy it :)

I groaned when I heard my alarm go off. I looked at the clock. 6 a.m.

It was the first day of school so I didn't want to be late, taking extra precautions and waking up extra early.

I got up, walking to the bathroom and washed my face with cold water, trying to tame the nervousness  and anxiety that was swirling in my tummy. I knew no-one in that school, which was something new for me. I wasn't used to being alone, I've always had my friends by my side. No matter where I was I always had them by my side. This time I was on my own.

I walked downstairs to find my mom making the breakfast.

"Morning honey." She kissed my cheek. "I'm making pancakes for breakfast." she smiled.

She was always so caring, I hoped that one day I would be as good of a mother as her. Even half as good as her would be an honour. I was never one of those rebellious teenagers who hate their parents and wants to run away from home or anything dramatic like that. My family was always there for me, and that was one of my biggest blessing in life. I was extremely fortunate.

"Morning mom, I'm not really hungry." I weakly smiled.

My nerves were rising, and my desire for food seemed to have disappeared.

My mom seemed to notice that. She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"You'll be fine hun, you'll love your new school." She said kissing my forehead.

"I hope so."

I walked to the fridge and poured myself a glass of milk.

"Your dad will drive you to school and then I'll pick you up." She informed me.

"Okay."

I walked back to my room and opened my laptop. No wonder why I was always late. As soon as I opened it, I had an incoming skype call from Anny.

"Hey Mel." she said excitedly.

"Hi."

"Today's the big day girl. How are you feeling?"

"Like I'm about to throw up because of nerves." I replied playing with my fingers. "But yeah, I'll be fine." It sounded like I was trying to convince myself and not Anny.

"Of course you will." She smiled encouragingly.

She was always so positive and happy that it was like her happiness was contagious.

"I just wanted to give you a little encouragement before you go. Call me when you come back and tell me everything!"

"Of course." I laughed at her. She never changes.

"I have to go get ready." I told her.

"Okay, don't be late on your first day!" She said with a serious face.

"Sure mom." I laughed at her. "Bye, love you."

"Love you, too." She said and hung up.

I took a quick shower before brushing my teeth and drying my hair. I decided to wear a pair of jeans and a light grey slightly cropped sweater, having consideration for the weather in London. After applying some make-up I made sure I had everything in my bag.