Chapter 26

Hi guys let's just start with an I'M SORRY, I really wanted to update last Saturday but my computer broke and I had to get it fixed. Thankfully it's okay now and I can update!
I really hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!
Please read the AN in the end of the chapter and sorry for any mistakes.
I love you, bYE! <3

I did everything I could to distract Harry from the pain of losing his brother. Every time he would become awfully quiet I would just kiss him or hug him. Constantly telling him how much I care about him helped to make him smile, too.

I never thought that someone else’s happiness could mean so much to me; it kind of scared me honestly.

Every time he had those moments when he would just stare at a wall for a long time, hardly blinking, I almost panicked. It was hard to not just break down and cry in front of him because of how lost and sad he looked. But he was getting much better.

It has been a little over a week and I could tell he was spacing out a lot less and the brightness of his eyes had returned.

He told me it was normal, that it happened every year; it took him a couple of days to recover and then he would be his normal self.

I can’t even explain how happy and relieved I felt when he started to act normal again.

However, I couldn’t say the same about Emily. She and Mike were still apart and she was getting worse, she had reached the point where she would only speak when needed, she hardly smiled and it seemed as if her wardrobe only consisted of sweatpants and hoodies.

I was getting really worried and so was the group.

Emily was fragile and it was easy to hurt her but this was getting out of hand. We actually considered talking to Mike, Liam and Louis had agreed that they would do it.

“Bye guys.” I gave them a small wave.

“Bye Em.” I kissed her forehead and felt her skinny arms wrap themselves around me. I hugged her back, happy to receive some sort of response from her. Danielle smiled sadly at us, and I knew she was thinking the same thing.

With one last wave I headed across the parking lot to where Harry’s car was parked.

I almost reached it when I noticed Harry making his way towards me, wrapping my arm around his neck I hugged him tightly. I squealed when he picked me up, hugging me back. A smile crept on my face when I realized he was in a good mood. I could definitely tell he was almost –if not completely- fine now.

“Hi beautiful.” The butterflies appeared in my stomach just by his simple words.

“Hi babe.”

“What? Did you just call me a pet name? I must be wearing wrong.” He said with a smirk.

“Oh shush, I've called you sunshine before.” I recalled the time I was mocking him.

“Right, how could I forget.” He chuckled.

“Where are we off to?” I asked, making myself comfortable in the passenger seat of his car.

“Where do you want to go?” He smiled at me.

“I feel like staying in.” I said looking outside of the window. It was getting colder everyday and I wasn’t quite used to this weather, I couldn’t wait for it to snow though.

“My apartment it is then.”

I smiled at his choice. I had been spending quite a bit of time at his apartment, for some reason it brought calmness and a homely feeling. Maybe it was his scent that was everywhere or just the fact that it was his place but I felt safe there.