Chapter 23

Hello beautiful people! Here's the new chapter! I really hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! As always I'm thankful for your support guys, 11000 reads is a lot for me! I love you all so much!

I'm sorry for any kind of mistakes.
It is quite long so I hope that you don't mind that! xx

“Are you sure you don’t want me to pick you up?” Harry’s voice sounded from the other line.

“Harry, I think my father is perfectly capable of driving me to school.” I said sarcastically even though his offer was really sweet.

“I know.” He chuckled, “I’ll see you soon sunshine.”

“See you soon Harry.” I smiled and hung up.

After finishing getting ready I walked downstairs to be greet with a familiar sight of my father and Alex watching cartoons, like they did pretty much every morning.

“Morning.” I said loudly so everyone would hear and joined my mom in the kitchen.

“Good morning doll.” She smiled. My stomach made a weird noise as I caught the smell of pancakes. I was such a breakfast person; I could eat more for breakfast than for lunch.

“You know, I wanted to talk to you about something.” She said and I looked at her questioningly, but the tone of her voice told me that I didn’t have to worry about whatever she was about to speak.

“What is it?” I asked taking a bit of my pancake almost moaning in delight.

“I haven’t been really worried about it since you seemed to be quite happy; You made a lot of friends and the city in general is more appealing to you than the small town we lived in.” She spoke, sitting down in front of me, “But I’ve been wondering, do you actually regret moving here?”

I knew that she had this on her mind, she was always concerned about me and Alex. We could be the happiest people on Earth and she would still find reasons to be worried about. And it wasn’t and thing, by any means. We were lucky to have a mother like her, same for my father. Usually teenagers have a bad relationship with their parents but it clearly wasn’t my case.

“No, absolutely not.” I replayed honestly, and a smile of relief appear on her face.

“I mean I miss Portugal. I miss our family and the girls.” I paused, taking a sip of my water.

“I figured you would miss them.” She nodded.

“And I do. But I don’t regret moving, at all. I just feel like something was missing and I found it here.” I smiled not completely understanding what I said but the words just rushed out of my mouth, it made sense but I still had to figure out why.

She nodded, a knowing look on her face as if she just came to a conclusion, as if my words have proved something that she had been suspecting for a while. Not wanting to confuse myself anymore, not that I had time to do so since I had to hurry because of school, I said nothing about it.

“I’m glad you’re happy here baby. Your happiness is our happiness too.” She smiled brightly.

Suddenly some sniffles were heard and we turned to see my dad and Alex fake crying in the doorway.

“Such an emotional moment.” My dad fake sobbed and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Oh hush it you.” My mom said through laughs.