Chapter 4

Hey guys, so here goes the fourth chapter. I'm sorry this chapter is a bit boring, but things will get more interesting in the following chapters. I don't know what's with me and the word 'interesting' but I like it a lot, haha.
I hope you enjoy it! 

I kicked off my converse; walking up to my room still processing what just happened.

I placed my bag on my bed taking out some of my notebooks that I brought with me to do my homework, and placed them on my table.

My stomach made a weird noise alerting me that it was time to eat something.
I went to the bathroom quickly washing my hand before heading to the kitchen. I heard someone entering the house. Turning around I saw my mom.

“Hi darling.” She kissed my cheek, placing the grocery bags she held on the counter. “I’m sorry I couldn’t pick you up today, but I had to sort something out .”

“It’s fine, a friend of mine gave me a ride.”

The word friend wasn’t the right one, but I told my mom that some handsome yet really frightening guy from school drove me home, let’s just say that she wouldn’t be pleased.

“How sweet, who was it?” She asked still occupied with the bags.

My eyes widening before I made up a lie. “Um, the girl that I told you about, Eleanor.”

“Oh, she seems to be a really nice girl.” She smiled, I could tell she was happy that I made friends here. She was really worried when we left Portugal because she knew how close I was with my friends.

“Yeah, she’s alright.” I tried to change the subject. “Where’s Alex?”

“He has school until 4 today.” She answered placing some milk in the fridge. I hummed in answer.

“Me and the girls. We’re going shopping today, okay?” I asked casually.

“Sure” She gladly answered “You want me to give you a ride?”

“No need, Eleanor is picking me up around 3”

“Okay” She agreed.

 ***

I finished my pasta, while my mom was still eating. It was just the two of us since my dad had a lunch with his partners, something about his job, and my brother had lunch at school.

“I’m going to start getting ready” I glanced at the clock, it was 2:35.

“Ok love” My mom said taking a sip of her water.