• 38 •

My swollen eyes fluttered open, to be greeted by Jungkook who still held me tight in his arms. I sighed softly, and snuggled closer in his chest. Sniffing away his scent, his heart pound against his ribcage constantly. He exhale loudly and tightens his grip around me, a small smile crept my face as I traced his jawline with my finger. He flinch a couple of times and finally woke up.

"Good Morning..." He said with his raspy voice
"Morning..."
"Let's cook together" he smiled
"Why all of a sudden?"
"I want to see how good your cooking skills is"
"What do you want to cook?"
"Um... Anything"
"Mm... Arasso"
____

While cooking with Jungkook, his phone rung. The smile on his face vanished into a frown, he looked up at me.

"I have to take this..."

I nodded, as he left the room to answer it. I finished and equally divided the meal for us both, and took the plates to the table.

"I'm busy..." He said
"Mianhnae... I have to go"

The conversation was overheard, I never got to know who the caller was from the other line. He returns with a fake smile, and so did I.

"You're finished?"
"Yeah..."

He settled hisself on the table, digging into the food. I sat across from him, resting my chin on my hand. Watching him eat hungrily, he was way too busy eating and didn't notice me looking. It wasn't until he was half way done with the food, he finally tilt his head to meet my gaze smiling childishly. I giggled, and took the napkin from the table to him.

"Wipe your mouth, there's crumbs on the side of your mouth."
"Komawo..."
_____

Seconds turns into minutes, minutes turn into hours and hours turn into days. I couldn't believe that it was actually the last day I will spend with him, I was upset with him yet I still deeply was in love with him. He held me tight in his arms like there is no tomorrow, his warm breath tickled my head tears slowly stream down my eyes. Sniffing away his scent for the very last time, to say it was a bad choice I had made to actually give him a week to spend with me. Now i'm falling in his love trap again, i'll have to try and get over another heartbreak. It felt exactly like the day I had left him, but this time he'll leave me...

"Are you crying...?" He asked

I was shocked from his sudden voice, quickly I wiped the tears away and pulled myself away from him.

"Ani... Something just got stuck in my eyes"
"Why does everything feel so wrong...?" He asked
"Like?"
"I'm leaving today... It feels so wrong to leave... I don't know what to say..."

I was speechless, not wanting to get any deeper in the conversation.

"Jungkook..."
"Mm?" He hummed
"Let's go back to the place where we ate sample foods on the streets..."
"Is that what you want?"
"I want to go back there... Again, it was nice..."
____

We walked side to side, no words came out from either of our mouths. Couples walked passed us hand in hand, I sighed and kept walking. Knowing that that'll never happen to me. Just than the I felt someone's hand crawled onto mines, I whipped my head to find that it was Jungkook. He locked our hands together, and then glanced up at me. I looked at him cluelessly, as he only smiled and continued to walk.

The day went by so fast, it felt like I just woke up 10 minutes ago. The sun has already set, depression slowly spread throughout my body. It's really happening, he's going to leave me soon. Darkness filled the sky, cold thin air swift past us. Heavy breaths was only heard, standing in front of my house his sad eyes cut through me. Our hands still locked together, no words would come out from either of our mouths.

"Jung-Jungkook..." I hesitate
"Let's separate here... It's not time yet but... It's better if you leave right now... So I can get over you quicker"
"... Tell me you really don't want me to leave do you?" He asked sadly
"... Go quicker before I change my mind"
"I..."

He sighed and looked at our hands, his watery eyes stared into mines.

"I... I love you"
"I know..." I said trying to sound cold
"Goodbyes are more painful..."
"I know..."
"I really can't believe we're breaking up"
"I know..."
"Please say something..." He plead

A huge lump was stuck in my throat, the only words that came out of my mouth was "i know." He plead for me to say something but nothing could come out, he gave up and let our hands go. His palm rest behind the back of my head, as he brought it closer to his lips. Planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Be happy... and i'll be too..." He whispered

Slowly he loosen's his grip, and walks off without glancing back at me.

"I love you too..." I whispered into the thin air, that blew the words away very soon. He was far away and could never hear the words anymore.
______

LORD! I don't know how to write 😭, this book is almost over so I wrote a new one. It'll be awesome if you checked out "Took For Granted." Probably wouldn't be good cause I suck at writing but still hope you all still enjoyed it like you enjoyed Selfish~ ❤️