• 26 •

"Are you ready?" Onma asked, as she set's her hand on my shoulder

I stared at the mirror that shows my beautiful reflection, all dolled up. I sighed softly before looking back at omma.

"Nae... I'm ready..." I smiled faintly
"Come on..." She smiled, taking my hand to help me up on my feet
"Omma..."
"Mm?"
"How is it... Never mind" I shook my head and remain silent
"Come on, they're probably waiting for us"
"Mm... Gurae"
____

"Are you happy to get engaged to Taehyung?" My aunt asked
"... Yeah..." I lied

Everyone was talking and laughing, Happy that me and Taehyung will be engaged in a couple of minutes. I sighed, looking at my bare hand, without a ring on it and soon there will be one.

"Come on, it's going to start in a couple of minutes. Let's go over here" Omma said, dragging me to the table nearest the stage.

It wasn't long after, Taehyung had came and took my hand. He smiled as bright as he can but I knew it was fake. I could see the sadness in his eyes, sadness that says he see's how I never really wanted to get engage with him. I faked my smile, and went on stage with him. He stared deeply into my eyes before taking that mini dark blue box hesitantly. I sighed softly, as I took steps closer to him.

"Taehyung... It's okay"
"... I feel so selfish for doing this..." He replied
"Go on" I smiled

He sighed, taking the silver diamond ring and my hand. Slowly he slid it to my ring finger and I had done the same. Everyone clapped, giggling and whispering to each other. I was smiling for show, but had notice someone from far away near the gate. He looked exactly, just exactly like Jungkook. The way he smirk, as he walked closer towards my way. Taehyung had notice what I was looking at and looked towards the way I was looking.

"Jung-Jungkook?" I stuttered out
"Can't be..." Taehyung spoke
"Long time no see right..."
"Jungkook...?"
"Mm, it's me. I came here to congratulate you" he smiled, slipping his hands in his pockets

Everyone was in silence, watching this little scene that is happening. I wanted to speak and hit Jungkook so bad for lying. But no, a lump was stuck deep down in my throat and tears build up in my eyes.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" He asked
"Wh-why did you lie?" I asked, trying to swallow the lump back
"I don't know... I guess it was for fun" he chuckled bitterly
"Why did you do that Jungkook?!" I yelled

He frowned for a moment and back to his jokester face again. Sighing loudly, fixing his posture and spoke  again.

"do what?" He asked, playing dumb
"Give me a proper answer Jungkook!? Why did you lied to everyone?!" I cried out

He finally realized the sadness in my eyes and face and became serious.

"Look, I knew you never loved me. So I helped you and I helped myself on this. Help you forget about me and live a good life with Taehyung, and also help me forget about you."
"Why are you torturing me like this...?"
"I'm sorry, I just wished you have a good life with Taehyung... We both have our own lives to deal with now." He said holding my hand
"What do you mean?"
"You and Taehyung are engaged, and I have a wife..."
"Uh what...?"
"Wife, Seok Sang Shin..."