• 12 •

"Omma i'm going to be gone for a couple of days"
"Why is that?" She closed her book, looking at me confused
"I have some work to do, about a week? Is that okay?"
"A week? Well you don't have meetings any of those days so I guess you could go. But where are you going?"
"Oh um, Busan"
"Is there something important there?"
"Not really just work"
"Arasso, take care and call omma every night so I know that you're safe arasso?"
"Arasso, you take care of yourself too. Don't skip your meals, over work yourself, or sleep late."
"Arasso, omma knows" she laughed
____

"Omma, I have to go now. Take care, tell oppa that i'll be back soon."
"Mhm, have a safe trip" she smiled

I placed a light peck on her cheeks and hugged her before I left. I thought I was going to take my own car, but then a black car came in I furrowed my brows. Until I saw the window roll down and Jungkook's face appeared.

"Get in" he commanded
"Here?" I pointed
"Well yeah, where else?"

I pursed my lips together and opened the door, and just realized there was no room for my luggage.

"Fuck..." I cussed
"Don't worry, driver Min will put it in the back trunk" Jungkook smirked
"Nae?, oh nae..."
____

Driver Min took us to the bus safely, I thought it was the chairman's job to check the company out. But I guess it was Jungkook's for some reason, we slipped into an empty spot that fitted us both.

"We're staying here for 2 weeks, if that's okay with you."
"Mwo?! 2?"
"Yeah 1st week, about the job. Second week is just about us two." He smiled sweetly
"What do you mean just us two?"
"Spend time together and get to know each other more. Is that so wrong?" He raised an eyebrow
"An-ani it's not that" I laughed awkwardly
"Well than..."
____

It's in the middle of the night and i'm wide awake. Jungkook and I booked a hotel for us both, unfortunately he slept on the ground while I will be sleeping on the bed. Fair and square right?. All the lights turned off, Jungkook snored peacefully. I scrolled through my phone but nothing was interesting just than a text popped up, making a loud noise which startled me.

TAETAE 💞: How's it going?

Me: It's late Tae, why are you still up?

TAETAE 💞: Paperworks again. 😒

Me: That's no fun... Go to sleep anyways, seriously.

TAETAE 💞: I can't fall asleep, you go.

ME: I'm not tired, how's Seok?

TAETAE 💞: She fell asleep on my couch.

ME: Oh really 😏.

TAETAE 💞: Don't even start.

ME: Oh come on, you even had a crush on her before.

TAETAE 💞: Not anymore!

ME: She is single, and plus we're all very close friends it's not like you never talked to her before or it's your first time.

TAETAE 💞: I don't like her anymore.

ME: whatever, i'm going to sleep. 😴

TAETAE 💞: Goodnight then, dream about me. 😏😂

ME: Stop with your cheesiness. 😂

With that I shut my phone off, and slumped down to bed. My eyes slowly closed but was shot opened when Jungkook's phone rung. He groan softly and finally answered. Apparently he put it on speaker so I could hear the whole convo.

"Yobseoyo?" He answered with a tired tone
"Jungkook-ah, your appa has forgotten to take his medicine again and suddenly fainted"
"Jinjja?!, how long has he fainted?"
"Just a minute ago, I called doctor Gong over. He checked his heartbeat and pulse, everything's completely normal. Don't worry about your father, I'll take good care of him."
"Please take good care of him, i'll be back as soon as possible" He said calmly this time
"Arasso, i'll be hanging up then"

The phone beeped and turned off, Jungkook sighed loudly and I finally spoke.

"Is your appa okay?" I asked
"Huh? You aren't asleep yet?"
"Ani"
"Mianhnae did I wake you up?"
"Ani, we could go back if you're appa isn't feeling well..."
"It's okay, butler Byun is taking care of him. Let's go back by the time this week ends mianhnae..."
"Ani, I get it. Get some rest you must be tired..." I softly spoke
"Same as you..."
____

"Jungkook-ah, Jungkook?" I said shaking his lifeless body back and forth

He didn't dare move a muscle, I furrowed my brows and turned my head to look at the time. He said we'll be going in at 10 but unfortunately it was 10:30 and he still wouldn't wakeup. Finally I manage to set my hand on his forehead, the heat trapped inside his head was transferred to my hand real quick. I groan lazily, cause I did not want to take care of him.

"Why do you have to be sick now?"

I thought for a second maybe the room was too cold, or he forgot to pull his blanket up fully. I sighed and called in for work that he couldn't make it.
_____

Just as I was finished patting his face with a wet towel, his phone dinged but he still wouldn't wake up. I furrowed my brows, as my hand sneakily crawled under his pillow for his phone. The name read as unknown number.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: Keep your mouth shut, remember your fathers life is in my hands.

"Mwo? Is this suppose to be a threat?"

I looked at the screen disgustedly, about to type back but was stopped when Jungkook's hand tugged on my wrist. The phone literally dropped out my hands and, he slightly opened his eyes to see me.

"What were you doing?"