"He's like a grenade waiting to explode, look at him," Liam comments, leaning forward so his head is between our seats.

"My fist might explode in your face if you continue." I place my palm over his face and push him away, making him laugh and Elena smile, even though she tries to cover it up. 

The car in front of ours driven by Louis, with Tori and Jess as its passengers, swerves to the side sharply, avoiding something. Elena slams on the brake, stopping our vehicle, our bodies lunging forward from the force. My eyes widen when I realise what - or better yet - who is blocking the path. A group of Vortex soldiers are lined on the road in front of us, weapons in their hands, classic villainous expressions on their faces.

"How the fuck do they know where do we go every single bloody time?"  Louis asks in annoyance through the earpiece. "It's like we're famous and they are our fans."

"Beats me," I mumble. We have a traitor in the base, I'm now more than certain in that and I won't take it lightly this time. Whoever they are, they need to be eliminated.

"Oh man, Niall would love this," Liam notes with a grin. Elena and I look at him with blank faces. "Oh okay, not the right time, I get it."

"Why aren't they shooting?" Elena asks, a frown on her face. "They're just staring. . . creepily."

"Uuuh guys what should we do? Should we play nice and then slaughter them?" Tori asks.

"No one move," I instruct, drawing my handgun and loading it, my hand reaching to open the door.

"So what is your plan, get out there and have a staring contest until they move, I mean I bet they have a backup with them," Liam says.

"Yes, if that's what it takes to make them move," I argue. "I'm in no mood for them today."

"We're coming with." Elena unfastens her seatbelt, reaching for her gun. When she sees me looking at her, she raises her eyebrow. "Are we taking action or what?"

I smile slightly, opening the door and stepping out, a frown etching into my features. Elena and Liam follow my example, each of them standing on one side beside me. We walk up to them with our heads held high, our expressions completely blank. There are six soldiers, some of them holding hard expressions, some of them not hiding how amusing this it to them. We'll see who's going to be amused at the end. 

"Oh look who it is," one of the guys says and I almost burst out laughing, his voice sounding like he's on helium. "Nice to see you, Elena."

"Aw, missed my winning already? I mean since you can't win a duel for shit," she replies.

"Ha, take that bitch!" Liam cheers. 

"Why the hell are you blocking our path?" I demand, not in the mood for jokes. Even though I have a few up my sleeve, but still.

"You see, this is our territory," the guy squeaks, motioning to nothing specific. "We've claimed this route a while ago and unless you have an official permission from Seth, you can't pass through."

"Ah, that's unfortunate, but this is also the way we need to cross, so. . ." I flick my wrist, motioning for them to move. 

The guy lifts his hand, three guys and two girls with him instantly pointing their weapons at us. "Ah, that's unfortunate, but we can't let that happen."

"H, it's getting ugly, you sure you don't need us?" Louis asks.

"Wait for my sign and fucking run them over," I mumble so only he can hear me, a forced, creepy smile on my face as I stare at our enemies.