"Pfft, some instructions," I say. "We're not children. I don't make snarky comments or call people nicknames- oh wait, I do. . . okay I see your point, go on."

"Dumbass," David mumbles, making me glare at him. "I have faith in both of you. And for God's sake, make up! This situation annoys me." He motions between us. "Don't think I didn't notice there's something wrong between you. You two are supposed to be a team."

"Yes sir," Elena mumbles, standing up. "We won't- well, we'll try not to disappoint."

"Very well, move along now, I have a stack of cigars to smoke and the army to lead until you come back," he says. "With good news, I hope."

I stand up as well and nod, both of us leaving the room. Elena looks at me warily and I almost take a step toward her, but she turns her back on me, walking down the hallway. Well that doesn't hurt at all.

. . . .

It's completely silent in the vehicle. Elena is driving silently, focused on the road, Liam is sitting in the back seat silently, and I am silently observing the scene. It's all very. . . silent.

"Well this is awkwaaard," Liam sings. Elena and I stay silent.

"There's at least an hour and a half until we reach Rogue, come on people, staring at a wall is more interesting than this!" Liam complains. Again, we don't say anything.

"Oh okay I see how it is, let's all ignore Liam, well I think the fuck not," he continues. "I won't be sitting here and absorb all of your tension and negative energy just because you two had some stupid fight. If you had more sex, or sex at all for that matter, these things wouldn't happen, so stop sulking and work this shit out!"

"You know, if you need relationship advice, your personal love guru Liam is at your service-"

"Shut up!" Elena and I say in unison. 

"Alright, alright, we have some progress here!" Liam says, clapping twice. "Also you're busted, I totally knew you two are a thing, so suck it-"

"We don't have time for jokes, this is a serious mission- Liam for fuck's sake stop making faces and mocking me!" I snap at him, making him widen his eyes when he realises I've caught him. 

Liam snaps his fingers. "Yeah you tell me."

I sigh and turn again, shifting my gaze in front of me. I'm actually surprised with how well I'm handling being outside now, I don't know if it's because of Elena which makes me feel more at ease or am I actually starting to get better. Now that I think about it, the latter is also thanks to her, she gave me the push I needed and I managed to do the rest on my own. I am starting to get better.

"Oh come on, what kind of a bloody forest is this, shit always happens in the woods!" I say when I notice thick trees and shrubbery ahead of us, anxiousness already settling in the pit of my stomach.

"You've never been to Rogue before?" Elena finally speaks, but her eyes are still focused on the road. 

"Obviously not," I reply sarcastically. "I don't go out much if you haven't noticed."

"No need to pms, it was just a question, so lose the attitude."

Liam laughs. "She's right you know, you do have an attitude," he says but when I shoot him a glare, he lifts his hands defensively. "But that's none of my business, of course."

A scowl settles on my face as we slowly enter the shadows of the trees, my eyes constantly glancing around as if someone might attack us. I realise I do that a lot, but one can't blame me, something always happens and someone always gets hurt. Besides, not only we're on Rogue territory, but these woods are very close to the area where the South borders with the East, meaning Vortex territory is not that far away.