cry for help

Sienna's POV

"Babe?" Grayson whispers. I hum in question while I watch snapchat stories.

"We leave in 3 days." He mumbles. I look up from my phone and sigh.

"Don't remind me." I shake my head.

"I know you don't want to hear it but... I'm gonna be gone for a long time."

"I know, and I'm going to miss you for every second of it. Fuck, why do you have to leave." I groan and hop into the bed with him.

"Why don't you come with?" His eyes brighten and I bite my lip.

"I just... I think it would be best for me just to stay with my dad. He's not in the best condition."

"Yeah. You're right. I'm just going to miss us. I'm going to miss your smile."

"Okay, now you're getting cheesy on me." I laugh.

"All I'm saying is the truth. I think you're worth the truth."

"Stop." I shake my head.

"You're worth it."

----

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Gray asks into my neck as we hug tightly.

"Not tomorrow but the next day."

"That's too long." He shakes his head and I laugh.

"G, I'll see you soon. Okay?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." I smile and tighten my embrace for a split second. I then pull away and he watches as I jog up to my porch.

"Hi hon." My mom stands in the doorway with a broken smile on her face.

"Hey mama, how're you?" I wrap my arms around her quickly.

"Fine. Where's Grayson going?"

"Back home. I'll see him in a couple days. He leaves for tour in three days."

"Will you miss him?"

"So much my heart will hurt."

----

2 Days Later

My phone rings loudly in the quiet restaurant.

Mama is calling...

Why is she calling me?

"Who's that?" Grayson cocks his head to the side.

"My mom. Hold on, I need to take this." I drop my fork and grab my phone, briskly walking outside.

"Hey mom." I say into the end of my cell. Silence on the line.

"Mom?"

"Sienna?" Her brittle voice seeps through the speaker.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"So um.... I have some bad news."

My heart drops.

"What is it?" I keep my voice strong... As hard as it is.

"He's gone. Your dad... h-he.... he's gone." Her voice cracks and her sobs burst into my ear.

I didn't get to say goodbye.

I pull my phone away and end the call. Large tears swell in my eyes and I wipe them away with the sleeve of my hoodie. I run my fingers through my hair and stand in shock, taking a look around at the people enjoying the morning.

I take deep breaths and my feet unexpectedly carry me to my car. I swing the door open and jump in. I sit in the drivers seat in silence. Memories of my dad flood my mind and my tear ducts aren't strong enough.

Water flows down my cheeks and my body begins to shake violently. The next thing I know my fist is banging into the steering wheel as I scream at the top of my lungs.

Why? Why now? My boyfriend is leaving and my dad just died.

"FUCK. FUCKFUCKFUCK." I yell up at the ceiling of my car. Not necessarily at the ceiling, more so at whoever is up there.

Right about now I'm not having much faith in this so-called god.

My hands drop from the wheel and cover my eyes. I let out a deep breath but am taken over by hiccups. I can barely breathe.

I feel like I'm drowning. My breathing gradually gets shallower and I claw at the door handle. My door swings open and I spill out of the car. My body curls up into a ball on the pavement and I cough vigorously.

"Dad?" I whisper against the cement as tears roll onto the black ground.

"P-plea-please... d-don't... leav-ve.... me." I hiccup repeatedly and squeeze my eyes shut.

"Sienna?"

Arms wrap around me and all I hear is yelling for help before I black out.

(A/N: happy thanksgiving.)