pain

Ethan's POV

I keep my arms wrapped tightly around her. She breaks down crying over my idiot brother.

He's so fucking stupid.

I don't understand how he could do this to her. She doesn't deserve any of this pain and he knows it. He doesn't deserve her.

Sienna sobs loudly and I run my hand up and down her back. All she needs right now is someone to hold her...

And maybe some ice cream.

Sienna's POV

I begin gathering myself and pull away from Ethan. He stares at me sympathetically.

"Are you okay?" He whispers. I shake my head.

"No." My body shakes and I sink to my knees.

All this pain.

"Hey, let's go somewhere." He squats in front of me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Where?" I hysterically laugh. Tears pour out of my eyes and I bring a shaky hand to my mouth, trying to silence the sobs that just won't stop.

"I'm taking you away from here." He says quietly and turns around. I watch him confused as he squats with his back to me.

"Hop on, I'm taking you on an adventure." He puts a hand on my suitcase and I jump on his back. He stands and begins walking, rolling my suitcase behind him.

I bury my face in his shoulder and close my eyes.

"Can you play a song?" I ask quietly. He nods and lets go of my leg to pull out his phone.

"What is it?" He opens YouTube and presses the search button.

"Leave a message. By gnash." I respond. I know this song will really make the tears flow. (A/N: FAV SONG ATM). He searches it up and clicks on the first video.

Certain lyrics really touch my heart.

There's ideas we had
That we no longer know

There's places we've been
That we no longer go

There's things we learn
That we don't wanna know

And there's people we love
That we have to let go

As soon as he says the last part I take a deep breath. Ethan listens intently and I hold back the lump in my throat.

Grayson's just a person I love.

That I have to let go.

Grayson's POV

I love her but I don't deserve her.

Why am I such an idiot?

I pace the room with a clenched jaw.

What am I supposed to do now? I want to go after her but at the same time, she deserves so much better.

I stop at the wall and send my fist flying through the air. It connects with the wall and I scream. A sharp pain shoots through my wrist and I punch the wall...

Again and again.

Until the pain is unbearable.

This pain is nothing compared to the hurt I caused her.