old times

Sienna's POV

We sit on a bench by the beach. We've been here for about an hour, just talking.

Like old times.

He tells me stories about when Ethan and him were young. He tells me about his old school and his old bullies. I tell him about how my parents don't care. I tell him about my old school and my old bullies.

It's like we get to know each other for a second time.

"So, who's your favorite singer?" He smiles over at me.

"Gnash. Obviously." I laugh.

"Who's that?" He picks up my hand and begins drawing circles on my palm.

"He sings I hate you I love you. And Leave a Message. And Tell me it's Okay." I stare at the ocean and let the warm breeze brush my face.

"Oh, I've only heard I hate you I love you. I'll have to listen to him sometime."

"What's your biggest fear?" I blurt. He looks over at me while thinking.

"Losing the people I love. That's why I'm here now, I couldn't lose you."

I stay silent and stare in his eyes.

"I love you too." I whisper after a moment. His expression brightens.

"That doesn't mean I can forget what you did. I'm still not forgiving enough to get back with you yet. I need time."

"I understand." He nods and I smile, grasping his hand tightly.

----

"I think I should get back. You should come back." Grayson pouts and I sigh.

"My mom already bought me a ticket back home." I shake my head and he frowns.

"But we still have 2 days left."

"I don't know. I'll call my mom and see if she can make something happen." I sigh. I do want to stay. Not because Grayson's here, I just really enjoy Hawaii.

"Okay. Will you at least stay the night at the rental?" He pleads. I run my hand through my hair.

"Sure. I can sleep on the couch." I shrug and we begin walking back to the hotel for my things.

"No, I'm sleeping on the couch." He raises his eyebrows and kicks rocks as we make our way across the street.

"Okay. I think we still need to talk about what happened with Molly."

"I thought we already did." He glances down at me with a confused expression.

"I mean talk about it when I'm not crying."

We get to the hotel and make our way up to my floor. I unlock the door with my card key and open the door to a clean room. I didn't even get the chance to unpack. My suitcase is by the couch and the sheets are a bit ruffled.

We grab my suitcase and go down the elevator to check out.

----

We get home and I sigh.

What's Ethan going to think?

We walk inside and Ethan sits on the edge of the counter in the kitchen.

"WHAT THE FUCK GRAYSON?" He shouts with puffy eyes.

"What?" Grayson sets my suitcase down by the table.

"YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR 4 HOURS." He angrily runs his hands over his face.

"Sorry, I needed to talk to Sienna." He quietly responds. He walks up the stairs to get me settled in again.

"What are you together now?" He looks over at me and I shake my head.

"We're trying to start fresh. I'm still not forgiving him but that doesn't mean I want him out of my life completely." I reply. I know he's probably mad but I don't care at this point.

"Oh my god. Seriously Sienna? You're just gonna pretend like he didn't CHEAT ON YOU?" He shakes his head and clenches his jaw.

"No, Ethan. I'm never going to forget what he put me through. I haven't forgotten that he literally put me through hell. I just need him in my life. I love him so much. So much it hurts. I need him to be here with me, whether you like it or not." I shrug and bring myself upstairs to meet Grayson.

I meant every word. I need him here with me. He makes me a better person. He makes me happy.

I hope this time he doesn't fuck it up completely.

----

I sit on the bed and pull out my phone. I click on my moms contact and call her.

"Hello?" She says through the phone.

"Hey... mom. Don't be mad but... do you think I could cancel the flight back?" I pause, she's probably going to be irritated.

"Honey, I knew you'd change your mind. I didn't buy the tickets in the first place." She laughs. I sit for a moment.

"Um. Okay." I awkwardly respond.

"Well, love you. I have to get back to work but I'll talk soon."

"K. Love y-" I'm cut off by the call disconnecting.

Guess she hung up on me.

She ended the call like she ended her chances of having a good relationship with me.