let it out

Grayson's POV

We landed in Cali at night. Sienna walks shakily with her hand in mine. We grab our luggage and things and walk to the front of the airport to meet her mom.

Her mother stands at the exit with bags under her eyes. She forces a pained smile and rushes to Sienna, engulfing her in an embrace.

"Hi mom." Sienna whispers.

"Honey..." Her moms eyes fill with tears and she beams at her daughter.

"I missed you."

----

We all hop in Sienna's moms car and sit in silence. Finally, after what felt like hours, Sienna spoke.

"What happened?" Her voice is only a brittle whisper.

"Um, your dad..." Jane gulps.

"He was in an accident."

"Is he okay?" I can practically feel the worry in Sienna's voice.

"Sienna..." She pauses.

"His ladder fell back at work when he was on it. He um... He's in the hospital with a fractured skull. We don't think he's gonna make it." Her voice cracks and Sienna gulps. It stays quiet for a moment and I look over at her. She struggles to hold in her cries and I wrap my arms around her shoulders and bring her against my chest. Her quiet sobs begin to grow in volume and I run my hand up and down her back.

"Let it out baby girl." I whisper against her hair.

"Just let it out."

----

(A/N: hella short chapter for ya. i'm gonna start uploading every tuesday and Saturday.