broken

Grayson's POV

We walk inside the house together. We had been swimming around for about an hour until Ethan texted us asking where we were.

We get inside and Ethan lays on the couch watching Netflix. He looks up at us and his eyes widen.

"Where'd you go?" He looks at Sienna and then me.

"Why are you in your boxers? Did you..." He trails off.

"No Ethan, we did not." I roll my eyes.

"Okay, just making sure." He shrugs and turns back to the TV.

"Well we're gonna go put on some clothes, then let's go somewhere." Sienna leaves, walking upstairs. I turn to follow but Ethan speaks up.

"Wait... Where were you guys?" He looks at me from the couch.

"Swimming by the waterfall." I reply.

"In your clothes?" He raises his eyebrows.

"No." I wink and run up the stairs.

Sienna is facing her suitcase pulling out new clothes. I walk to my own and get out a pair of shorts and a tank top.

We get changed and jog downstairs. Ethan sits in the same spot watching Stranger Things.

"Dude, get changed." I roll my eyes and plop down on the couch next to him.

"I'm just going in this." I look at his outfit. It's a muscle tee and some sweats.

"Go fucking get changed." I push him and he groans, getting up off the couch. He slowly goes upstairs and Sienna takes his spot on the couch.

"What is this." She gestures at the TV.

"A TV." I laugh.

"No I mean what is this show?" She keeps her eyes trained on the flat screen.

"Stranger Things. Ethan's obsessed." I respond.

"Oh, I think people at my school were talking about this show."

"Yeah it's like huge right now. I've only seen a couple episodes." Ethan comes running downstairs with his phone in his hand. It flies out of his grasp and smacks on the floor.

"SHIT!" He yells and everyone freezes, staring at the phone.

He slowly walks towards his phone. It's face down on the hard wood. He reaches down to pick it up.

Moment of truth.

He picks it up and flips it around. I get a glance and see a spider web looking design on the glass.

It's broken.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME." He runs his fingers through his hair and stares at his phone.

My mouth hangs open and I look at Sienna. She's holding back a laugh.

"Um..." I awkwardly sit, watching Ethan.

"Well, gotta go get it fixed." Ethan shrugs and tosses it on the couch by Sienna.

"There's gotta be someone here that will fix it." Sienna picks it up and examines it. She tries pressing the power button but nothing happens.

"Broken." I mumble.