Chapter 8

The Secrets Last Stand

:.Ian's Pov.:

Before I opened my eyes, the first thing I was conscious of was the pain that seemed to radiate through my whole body. When I finally did opened them, I saw Kody asleep on the computer chair. She had her legs tucked under her and she had her head resting on her elbows. I moved to sit up and I could feel the agonizing pain start from my abdomen and flow all the way to my back. I yelled out and Kody jumped. She opened her eyes to see me doubled over on my side. She jumped up and ran over to the nightstand.

"Ian you were burned pretty bad yesterday but you've already started healing so you should be alright in a couple hours." She explained, handing me a glass of water and some kind of pill. "It will help with the pain. Vincent gave it to me when you..." I looked up at her and felt the knot that's been in my stomach for about a month now tighten. I did that. I hurt her to that point.

"When I dislocated your shoulder." I finished for her. She then turned away from me and sat back down, pulling her knees up to meet her chest. "Kody, I never got to apologize for that and I really am sorry. And not just for that but for everything. I..."

"Ian, I don't want an apology from you. I never did." She suddenly said. I then took the pill she handed me and set the water down.

"Then what do you want? I still don't understand." She ran her hand through her hair, which fell in her face, hiding her from me. I could see her hands were clenched into fists, resting on the chair arms.

"You seriously don't know by now?" She asked through clenched teeth. She was also breathing heavily.

"Kody, I...I'm trying to..."

"I want you, Ian. Can't you see that? And I'm trying to get over you but you keep coming back. You're always around." With that, she walked out. I hadn't realized how much I was still hurting her. That's when I decided to leave. I closed my eyes and ended up in Ralph's kitchen. He jumped back and dropped his coffee when he saw me.

"Man, I told you not to do that. Ian? Earth to Ian. Are you alright?" The medication hadn't kicked in yet and the pain was intense, so intense that everything went black.

:.Kody's Pov.:

I went back to my room to find Ian gone. I left to calm down because I could feel myself getting worked up again. I didn't want to hurt him worse than he already was. I sat on the bed and took a deep breath.

"I wish I hadn't said that." I said to myself.

"What did you say to him?" I heard Vincent say behind me. I had no idea he followed me back here. He had to be thrilled.

"I told him that I was trying to move on." I said without looking back.

"Well at least he's gone. Let's go eat. Hayden cooked."

"Vincent, that's not helping. This is hard for me." I said. Ever since what happened with Hayden, Vincent has hated Ian and he was all to happy to make that known.

"Believe me, I know." He muttered, clearly not meant for me to hear but I did.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked, standing up, fist clenched at my sides. He saw my reaction and backed away.

"Look, I'm sorry but you seem to always find your way back to him. That's not moving on."

"Get out." I said, quietly. "Please, just get out." He seemed to understand and walked out. I shut the door behind him and locked it. This was getting out of hand. I need to get this under control before I seriously hurt someone.