Chapter 4

Return of the Secrets

:.Ian's Pov.:

Everything was so familiar that I was starting to get a headache. I was sitting on the bed in our room as Kody shifted through papers on the desk. I laid back and closed my eyes trying to take a nap while Davien went on a shopping trip. I heard Kody.

"You say something, babe?" I asked, not opening my eyes. I heard her turn her chair to look at me.

"No, I didn't say anything." She turned back and I heard her again. This time I opened my eyes and sat up, leaning against the headboard.

"Kody, you just said something."

"No, Ian I didn't." This was ridiculous. She had to be playing with me.

"Kody, you said something about the story being similar to one you sent into that magazine." She froze as she spun the chair. A freaked out expression on her face.

"Ian I didn't say that. I was thinking that. You could hear it?" I nodded. "Okay, what am I thinking now?" She asked. She seemed very excited about this.

"Um, you'd kill for some candy and you really want to watch some television."

:.Kody's Pov.:

I was a little shocked when Ian knew what I was thinking but it's kind of cool. He'll always know things without me telling. That's awesome but that could also be bad. Davien came home and I walked up to see him come in with a woman behind him. It was a woman who looked almost identical to me. I froze when I stood and I felt my jaw drop.

"Mom?" I watched as she turned to face me as a smile spread across her face. She had long blonde hair and eyes as green as my own. I couldn't believe it. I started to remember more. Dreams, dreams of her being kidnapped and trying to save her. Hayden, I remember having the same dreams.

She slowly walked over to me and I smiled as she wrapped me in her arms. I heard Hayden's bedroom door open and she stepped into the kitchen with Vincent behind her. She stopped when she saw mom.

"Hayden. Oh my. Girls I am so happy to see you both." Mom said, going to hug Hayden. I was happy too see her and Hayden was too.

After the reunion with mom we all sat down in the living room.

"Dad you still need a freaking television. You are killing me." Hayden said, we all laughed. I couldn't believe how easy it was to say 'mom and dad' but it just seemed to come out now.

"I don't need one. I don't watch television." Dad answered. We all laughed again. Finally mom spoke up.

"Look, we come to you now because we need your help. Things have become difficult for us. We need followers. Well being the King and Queen, we have followers, just not enough to go against the Council." She explained. Ian squeezed my hand as I looked at Hayden.

"What are you trying to do?" Hayden asked. Our parents looked at each other. Dad was the one to speak.

"We are trying to take away the Council."

:.Hayden's Pov.:

Kody and I vaguely remember the Council but we do know that they are the reason we don't remember our parents. We also knew that they held a lot of power.

"Wait, can't you just do away with them? I mean why do you need followers and such? You are the King and Queen after all. What you say goes right?" Kody asked. Dad sighed and mom just picked her nails, a habit Kody has when she was nervous. I smiled a little when I looked over and she was also picking hers.