Chapter 3

Return of the Secrets

:.Kody's Pov.:

We waited impatiently for the guys to come out for what seemed like forever. Not knowing if they were okay, or even alive and the only sounds around us were the running car for if we needed a quick getaway and our breathing.

Finally, about ten minutes after we got in the car, the three came running out. No one seemed to be following them and we didn't care one way or another as we got out of the car and ran over to the guys, thankful that they were alright. I hugged Ian's neck as I felt tears fall down my cheeks.

"Thank God." I whispered as he tightened his grip on my waist. He quickly broke our embrace and looked at both of us.

"Are you two okay?" He asked. I looked at Hayden and nodded.

"Yeah, thanks to Hayden and whatever it was she did that flung that dude back." I answered. The guys looked at her, shock all over their faces although Davien didn't.

"Hayden, you what?" Vincent asked. She just looked at each of us and sighed.

"I don't know what happened. He was coming at us and I put my hands up and he went flying. It just happened." She explained.

"You have powers that you've learned to suppress." Davien said. The guys turned to face him, obviously forgetting he was even there.

"You said you would explain once we were safe. We're safe, now explain." Ian said. I looked at him and something hit me.

"Davien, you...I've met you before. Before this all started, I mean." I said. I remember sitting in a kitchen, exhausted, apologizing to him for yelling at him. He nodded.

"You know me. All four of you do. You just don't remember. Let's go back to your apartment and I'll explain everything." I nodded and we all got in the car and left.

"We're what?" I yelled, standing up, Ian quickly grabbing my wrist. Davien was explaining everything to us.

"Yes, Kody you're both my daughters." He said. I was a little shocked, okay more than a little. I looked at Hayden and stuttered.

"What about us? How do we fit into all this?" Ian asked. His grip moved down to my hand and pulled me to him. Davien sat back in his chair.

"You two were part of a group called the Renegades. You pretty much tried to overthrow me even though I pretty much raised you, Ian." He said. I looked back at Ian and he looked a little stunned. I didn't think he was capable of being part of something like that.

"Wait, wait, wait. Explain something to me. We are twin sisters? How is that even possible, Kody is a year older than me, we don't even have the same birthday." Hayden asked. I looked at Davien and sighed. This is crazy. Hayden and I are not sisters.

"I don't know how that worked out but I assure you, you are both twenty-four years old and are by blood, my twin daughters. Look, I can show you everything if you come with me." He explained, I looked at Ian and he looked at Vincent, who suddenly shot up.

"The girls are not going anywhere until Ian and I know you won't hurt them." He yelled.

"I promise I won't hurt them." Vincent went to protest further.

"I'll go with him." I volunteered standing up.

"Kody, no..."

"Ian please we have to trust this guy somehow. I'll go with him and I'm sure he'll bring me back." He seemed to think about this option. I knew he didn't like it the idea.