Chapter 14

Secrets of the Council

:.Hayden's Pov.:

I lost my footing and I felt someone grab my elbow.

"Whoa there, careful. It's a little slippery." I heard a man say. I smiled and looked up. There, standing in front of me was one of the most gorgeous guys I have ever seen.

"Thanks. I guess I didn't see the ice." I said. He smiled and held out his hand.

"Vincent Price. No relation to the original." I smiled, being that the original Vincent Price was hands down my favorite actor of all time.

"Hayden. Hayden Togen." I took his hand, shaking it.

"You want to get a coffee or something, Hayden? I know a great place." He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah but I prefer tea."

"Oh good. Me too."

3 MONTHS LATER

:.Kody's Pov.:

It's been three months since our apartment was ready for us to move back in and we are still putting things back together. Hayden and I came back from our road trip when we heard. I met Ian in Atlanta and he told me he also lives in Lakewood. His friends ditched him and he was trying to find a way home. I was a little apprehensive about letting him in the car when I saw the scares on his face, one on his forehead and the other on the side of his face but I'm glad I did because well, he's been living with us ever since.

I was vacuuming the floor while Ian cooked when Hayden came home from work carrying a package.

"Who's that for?" I asked, turning off the vacuum. She took her coat off before turning back to face me.

"It's addressed to both of us." She answered. That's odd. Ian walked in wiping his hands with a towel.

"Hey, Hayden."

"Hey." She said as we opened the box. "Vincent's coming to bring the rest of his stuff today. He's officially moved in." Her and Vincent have been dating for three months now and they decided to move in together. And since Ian and I didn't mind an extra person paying rent, they picked our place. When we finally got the box opened and we found a letter.

Girls,

I know you don't remember who I am but I will be coming back for you soon. I'm not supposed to see you yet but Lillian and I are making that possible. Soon, my girls, soon. I promise.

Davien.

P.S you left these at my place.

In the box were two matching necklaces, both golden, one with a sun, one with a moon.