Chapter 10

Secrets of the Council

:.Kody's Pov.:

Ian planted himself right between me and his dad. He wasn't budging and he wasn't letting his father take another step towards me. His father craned his neck around Ian to get a good look at me. Finally he straightened out to look at his son. It was hard to picture that seems they looked the same age. The only way you could tell that they were related was that Ian was the spitting image of him. They are obviously mistaken for brothers.

"And who is the beautiful young lady behind you? Ian. I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting her." At least he had manors.

"And you won't get to. She's none of your business now get out." He yelled. Then I remembered that he told me his dad was a dead-beat. The guys just stood there waiting to see what happened next.

"So rude. And to think I came all this way just to see you." I stepped to the side to see the man turn to the door.

"What do you want dad?" Ian asked. I looked up at him. He really looked angry. His father stopped at the door then he turned to face us.

"First of all, I want to know who she is?" He said taking a couple steps forward.

"I told you, she's none of..."

"My name is Kody. Kody Sones." I interrupted. Ian glared at me. I just glared back. I didn't want him speaking for me.

"Okay, Kody can you tell me why she's on my list?" Everyone in the room gasped and was deadly quiet. I looked at everyone and shock was on everyone's face but Ian's. There was only pain and fear.

"What? What does that mean?" I asked. Ian turned to fully face me.

"My father is a Seeker. Seekers go after humans and anyone who is a threat to the two worlds. The Light Kingdom has Seekers too. If you're on their list, it's not a good thing." Ian turned back to his dad. "Please, you can't take her. I'm begging you. Don't." His dad sighed.

"I'm sorry, it's the law. I don't have a choice."

"Yes, you do. I know you do."

"Guys." I tried to interject.

"No Ian, I can't. I wish I could but I can't." His dad said.

"Ah, guys." I tried again. Still nothing.

"Dad, you have to let her go. Just tell them you didn't find her or we'll run and say she got away. Just please. I am asking as your son. Don't do this. Please." There was a loud whistle that came from Vincent. It was so loud and high pitched that I had to cover my ears. We all looked over.

"The lady wishes to speak." He said. They all looked at me.

"Um, we've got company." I pointed out of the front window. Ian looked and saw a car pulling up. Not just any car, Davien's car, I smiled.

"Shit, get the lights and lock the doors. Hurry." Johnny got the door as Ian pushed me up the stairs.

"Stay up there and don't come back down until I come for you. Go, hide." Ian yelled. I looked up from him to his dad and nodded before running upstairs. What I didn't realize was that his dad followed me up the stairs. He grabbed my arm as soon as I hit Ian's room.

"Let me go." I yelled before he covered my mouth with his hand.

"No, I'm sorry but you're coming with me." He said. I tried to fight him but suddenly, we weren't in the house anymore. We were in a dark place. My eyes were slowly trying to adjust.