Chapter 12

Secrets of the Council

:.Hayden's Pov.:

I opened my eyes and looked around, relaxing a little when I saw Kody sitting up and rubbing her head.

"What the hell, Hayden?" She said, finally seeing me.

"I have no clue." I answered. We both stood, a little wobbly. I had no idea where we were. It was just a giant white room with a bed but nothing else. There was a door but I assume it goes to a bathroom. This sort of looked like my room when I was arrested in the Light Kingdom.

"I do apologize girls, I just needed to get your attention somehow." We both turned to see a woman standing behind us. She looked almost identical to Kody. Long blonde hair, even their eyes were the same shade of jade green.

"Mom?" I said. She smiled and nodded. I looked at Kody and she looked just as shocked.

"We've been looking everywhere for you. Dad has us helping. We..."

"I know. I've tried to reach out a few times. Dreams of course but that was all I could manage. But I don't have a lot of time. I am here in the same place as you guys. I heard you talking and I saw your father run past room. I was just a few rooms away. Hurry and find me." She explained. I was shocked. Our mother was only a few rooms away.

"Does the Council have you held here?" I asked quickly, she shook her head.

"They don't even know I'm here. Unless they play a part I don't know about." She answered. I nodded. She smiled and closed her eyes.

:.Kody's Pov.:

I jerked up as I felt someone's arms around me. I looked up to see Ian's worried eyes looking back at mine. I sat up and turned to see Davien holding on to Hayden's shoulders. She looked at me and we both nodded once before shooting up and running out the door. We ran down the halls trying to find were my room was but they all looked the same.

Finally we turned down a hallway that looked familiar. We ran down and found my room which still had Hayden's jacket on the bed. We looked at every one of the rooms not seeing anything.

"Are you sure this is right?" I nodded. Everything seemed the same. We heard footsteps coming closer so we knew we had to hurry.

"Hey, there's a light in this window." Hayden yelled. I hadn't seen her walk away. I walked up to her and looked at the door. We found the handle and saw that it was only a deadbolt. There was no key needed to open this door. We turned the lock and it opened. We ran in and saw our mother on the bed, sleeping.

:.Davien's Pov.:

"Ian, what did you say?" I asked.

"They were both thinking about their mom. Lillian, I'm guessing. And the fact that they had to find her." Ian explained to me. I couldn't believe it. Lillian? Here? The Council guards ran after the girls when they ran out of here. The Council made Ian and I stay but I could tell Ian was worried. You didn't have to read minds to know that. I knew they would be safe. I then realized, I couldn't go along with what I planned on. I couldn't let my daughters go, not again. I turned to face Novak, Revela and the others.

"As king of the Underworld, I revoke the law against people like my daughters." I said. They all seemed shocked.

"Sir, you understand that law has been in effect for as long as anyone on the Councils can remember. That kind of law cannot simply be revoked without consent from both yourself and the queen." One of the Council members spoke up. I nodded.

"I understand perfectly. I still stand to motion it." They all nodded as I noticed the glare from Novak and Revela.

:.Kody's Pov.:

"Mom?" I said as we moved closer. She began to stir and suddenly sat up. I jumped and laughed a little.

"Girls, you made it. You found me." She said, standing up. I smiled as she did. She just walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me. I looked over at Hayden and smiled. I could feel the tears escape my eyes. I was so happy we finally found her. I could see the tears in Hayden's eyes as well. Mom finally let go and walked over to Hayden, doing the same.

"What now? Everyone here is looking for us. Do we go back?" I asked.

"I don't think you have much choice." We heard from the doorway. A guard grabbed me and pulled me towards the door. Two others did the same with mom and Hayden.

:.Vincent's Pov.:

To say I was worried was an understatement. I haven't heard anything from Davien or Ian and Hayden disappeared.

"Hey, Vinnie, can you stop pacing. You reflection is very distracting." I heard Lowery say. I just sighed and walked into the kitchen.

"Don't call me Vinnie." I yelled as I left the room. I saw all the guys sitting around the table just messing around, throwing food at each other.

"Hey, Vincent, come join us, Johnny just challenged me to eating contest." Daniels yelled. I just waved them off and grabbed a water from the fridge. I heard a chair push away from the table. Loran was suddenly behind me while everyone else was engrossed in the pointless challenge.

"It'll be okay man. I'm sure Ian's just fine. He'll call as soon as he can." He said. I turned to face him. I worried about my best friend but it was more than that.

"It's not just Ian man, t's Hayden. I'm worried about Hayden. She still hasn't come back and I'm worried something may have happened." I answered. Loran smiled and pushed my shoulder.

"Awe, you love her don't you?" He asked, playfully. I just brushed it off and walked to the back door. I sat down on the edge of the deck and took a drink of my water.

"You do, don't you? You do love Hayden." He asked, more serious now. I nodded without looking up. He sat down next to me and put a hand on my shoulder. He didn't say anything else.

"I'm going after her." I simply stated, standing up so suddenly, it made Loran jump.

"Are you crazy? The Council will banish you to the human world. You can't risk that."

"I don't care. I have to make sure they're safe. I'm going."

"No, This is my fault. I'll go."