Chapter 2

Return of the Secrets

:.Kody's Pov.:

Apparently, Hayden had the same thing happen to her. Her brother showed saying Vincent said to give her the same letter.

"I don't get it. What does this guy want? We don't even know him." I asked. The guys went to get pizza and left Hayden and I alone in the apartment.

"I don't know. I'm hoping it ends soon. We can't live like this." Hayden answered. I walked into the kitchen and Hayden walked into her room. I washed the dishes and grabbed a beer. I went to walk back into the living room where I found a man standing in front of my television. The same man from the store.

"Hey!" I yelled. Hayden ran back in with her bamboo stick to see why I was yelling and stopped short.

"What? Who the hell are you and what do you want with us?" She asked. The man just looked up.

"You're Davien." I simply said. He looked at me and suddenly disappeared. My eyes widened with shock. I looked at Hayden and the expression on her face mirrored mine. This is crazy. I was beginning to question my sanity.

:.Ian's Pov.:

When Vincent and I came home with pizza and beer, the girls were no where to be found. The living room was empty and so was the kitchen. I put the food down and checked the bedrooms, I was getting worried when I didn't find them.

"Vincent, did you them?" I yelled running out of my bedroom. He ran out of the kitchen.

"You didn't?" He was shocked. "Hayden? Kody?" Nothing. We started to look around the apartment. Vincent ran to the bathroom and I checked the closets. I ran to the hallway and cleaned checked the linen closets. I opened the first one and I didn't find anything. I didn't find them in the second one either.

"Ian!" Vincent yelled from the living room. I ran in and he was standing in front of the closet by the front door.

"I can't opened the door." He said. I rushed passed him and started pounding on the door.

"Kody? Come one, open the door. Girls, it's us please open the door." I stepped back as the door slowly opened. Kody poked her out and I could see she was scared. She looked at me and ran over. Hayden did the same when she saw Vincent.

"What happened?" He asked.

"The man was in our living room. He was standing right there, Vincent. We both saw him." Hayden said pointing toward the television.

"Not only that, he just disappeared into thin air. He didn't say anything. He was just gone." Kody finished. I looked at Vincent and he looked stunned. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"I think we should call the police." I said. Kody looked up and just nodded, Hayden did the same.

:.Kody's Pov.:

The police came and questioned us and looked around. Nothing was missing and there was no sign of forced entry. There was really nothing to go on.

"Hayden, no. You are not booby-trapping our apartment. It's illegal." I heard Vincent yell. I jumped off my bed and ran into the living room. There was a baseball bat and some tools lying by the front door.

"What is going on?" I asked. Vincent and Hayden both looked at me. "Ian is sleeping. He has an early shift tomorrow. Why are you yelling?"

"Hayden wants to put a baseball bat booby trap at the door and nails on the window shill." Vincent explained. I just dropped my head in my hands.

"Hayden. I said no. That could hurt one of us." She dropped what she was doing and stood up.

"Guys, I'm just making it safer for us. The guy was in our apartment."

"And I'm thinking, a guy like that, a door isn't really matter. He vanished into thin air, Hayden. A booby-trap isn't going to make a difference except get us fined, evicted or worse, thrown in jail. You're not putting that up." I crossed my arms. She rolled her eyes.

"Fine I won't put it up." She said, cleaning up. I just dropped my arms and went back to bed.

The guys decided since we were still on edge and upset about the break in, they would take us to the mall. Hayden and I weren't exactly 'shopping girls' but we did enjoy movie and book stores.

"One more store. Then we can go." I said before running to the store. I looked around and found a nice figurine. We walked out and Hayden's phone rang.

"Hang on, it's my mom." She turned away and answered. It was late so the mall was pretty much deserted, so when Hayden hung up her phone, we went to leave.

"Hey wait." Ian stopped us.

"What is it, Ian." I asked. He looked alert.

"I don't know. I just...I hear something. I just...I can't place where it's coming from. I hear someone talking." He explained.

"Ian there's no one around. You're hearing things man." Vincent said with a laugh. I was going to say something but someone suddenly ran into me and shoved me into a wall. I yelled out when pain radiated through my back. I tried to shave the guy off but he was stronger than me.

"Kody!" Ian yelled. He came up and yanked him off before punching him. Suddenly we were swarmed by people all wearing the same black clothes. I ran over to Ian and Hayden stood behind Vincent. I couldn't understand what was going on. Why was this happening? The guys started fighting them and I was left standing alone. So was Hayden. I ran to her and we hid behind some of those decorative plants malls always have. I watched as no one came to help and one of them saw us and started for us. Hayden finally saw him and threw her hands up when he got close. All the sudden, he flew back. I looked back at her in shock. Did she seriously just do that? She looked down at her hands, wide-eyed.

"Girls, run. Now!" Vincent yelled as he kicked a guy away from him. I didn't even think, I just grabbed Hayden's hand and we ran. I had the keys. I started fishing them out of my pocket as I turned to see Ian fighting one of them and when I turned back, I bumped into someone. I looked up to see the guy from apartment. Davien. I tried to get away but he grabbed my shoulders.

"Kody, get to your car and lock the doors. The guys and I will be out as soon as we can. Go, now." He yelled. I shock my head and ran. When we got to the car, I considered driving away, but I couldn't leave without the guys. So we locked the doors and waited.