Chapter 13

Return of the Secrets

:.Kody's Pov.:

We sat in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting to hear anything about mom and Hayden. Dad quickly got mom's heart beating again so we got to them both to the hospital as fast as we could. Now Vincent and I were waiting impatiently, neither one of us saying a word as I was biting my nails and he was pacing back and forth in front of me. I looked up at him and I could tell he was pissed.

"Vincent, I'm sorry." I said looking down at my hands in my lap. He froze mid-step and looked at me confused.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked. I took a deep breath.

"Hayden. I let him get to her. I let him get close enough. It shouldn't have..."

"Stop. Now. You have nothing to be sorry for. He did this. Not you. He...I...I don't know if I could ever forgive him if anything happens to Hayden." At that, Vincent turned away from me. I could tell he was close to tears. Vincent didn't have much, and anyone could see that the thought of losing Hayden scared him more than he was letting on.

"This must have been what they felt like last year when I almost died. Scared, not knowing what to do. I hate this." I said. Vincent was about to say something when dad came walking in.

"Dad?" I walked over and stood in front of him. He just looked down at me and shook his head. Mom was gone.

We all silently waited for any news on Hayden. She had been there for over an hour. I was getting restless.

"Hayden Togan's family." We all jumped up at the sound of the doctors voice. Dad was standing front of us.

"I'm her father." He said. "Is she alright?" The doctor seemed to doubt that dad was indeed Hayden's father seems he only looked thirty-five but she smiled anyway.

"She is just fine. She had lost a lot of blood and she needed some stitches but other than that, she's fine. Although she will have to be put on bed rest until we remove the stitches in about two weeks. She can go home tomorrow." She explained. We smiled.

"Can we see her?" Vincent asked. The doctor nodded and she showed us to Hayden's room. Dad thanked the doctor and she closed the door as she left. I was so relieved that she was going to be okay. We could have lost them both and I don't think I would have been able to handle that. From time to time, I'd see dad wipe tears from his eyes as he waited for Hayden to wake up.

This had to be the worst thing he has ever gone through. He just lost the love of his life and he almost lost his daughter too. I just walked over to him and gave him a hug. He was a little shocked but then he just put his arms around me and rested his cheek on my head. I could feel his silent sobs through his chest and I felt tears sting my eyes.

He then put his hands on my shoulders and pushed me back to look at me. He smiled at me and chuckled once.

"You look just like her you know." He whispered. I smiled and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Dad?"

:.Hayden's Pov.:

At first, I could only hear voices; I heard dad say something to someone then I began to see shapes and the light was really bright. I just blinked my eyes a couple times and it seemed to clear.

"Dad?" I focused my eyes as everything started taking shape and then I noticed the pain in my side. I tried to sit up but someone's hand held me down. I looked up to see Vincent standing over me and I smiled. I looked around and only saw dad, Kody and Vincent.