Chapter 7

Secrets of the Council

:.Hayden's Pov.:

I seriously can't believe this. I'm in jail but this is nicer. The bed is actually comfortable, there's actually a bathroom, not just a toilet, and instead of bars, it was sheet glass. I was also grateful that I wasn't wearing an orange jumpsuit. Although, I still didn't like that I was in a white cotton tee and white pants. It's been hours since I've seen anyone. The last person I saw brought me food which tasted amazing.

"Hayden, I need you to come with me." I heard Vincent say. He was on the other side of the glass as the guard, Eli opened the door. I slowly walked out and looked cautiously up at Vincent.

"You always treat your criminals so well?" I asked. I chuckled humorlessly once.

"Hayden, you're not a criminal you're a suspect. And no, the dungeon is downstairs. We can put you there if you'd like. It's no trouble." Huh, a smart-ass. This was going to be fun.

:.Davien's Pov.:

It's been six hours since Dr. Belker called me and Kody still hasn't woken up. And to make matters worse, Hayden still isn't back yet. This was never ending. The bad luck just never seemed to end. The door opened.

"Dr. Belker, you said she was waking up." I stated. Dr. Belker looked at her papers and sighed.

"I said, Mr. Sones, that she is showing signs of improvement and that I believe she's starting to wake up. Which is still true. Kody is doing a lot better then this morning. It's only a matter of hours now." He explained. I sighed. This was so frustrating. I can't believe this is happening.

"You know, Mr. Sones, some people believe that if you talk to your loved one, they can hear you." I smiled at the doctor. I didn't believe that. Not in the slightest. Kody would not be able to hear me. She's not sleeping. She's in a 'coma-like state' as Dr. Belker put it. Dr. Belker's pager went off so he left the room. I sighed and leaned forward against the bed.

"Okay, I don't think this is going to work and I don't believe that you can hear me but, dammit Kody, you need to wake up. Please, just wake up." I pleaded. I took a deep breath and sat back. She needed to wake up soon or I don't know what I'm going to do.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

Vincent had me sit in a room for a while before he finally came in.

"Queen's Kitchen boy, huh?" I stated. He chuckled.

"Yeah, I double as a guard. Most of us guards have two jobs. I am the Queen's most trusted. Now, explain to me how you know exactly how Queen Lillian was kidnapped."

"To answer the hidden underlining, no I didn't kidnap her. It wasn't me."

"Then how did you know?"

"Okay, Vincent, it wasn't rocket science. You said every single door was guarded at the all times. I saw the window and knew that was how the kidnappers got in." I explained. He didn't buy it.

"See, I know you're lying. Now tell me the truth or we're moving this discussion to a place a little more uncomfortable." Dammit.

"Fine, okay but this conversation is between you and me only. I know others are out there. I know they're listening. Just us or I don't talk." I said. He thought about it and finally nodded. He stood up and walked out of the room. It was only a few minutes before he came back in.

"Okay, just us. Now tell me how you knew."

:.Kody's Pov.:

My dreams keep jumping but I don't really understand why I'm not waking up. Now I'm sitting in a meadow, just laying in the grassing watching the stars.