Chapter 6

Return of the Secrets

:.Kody's Pov.:

"What is this?" I asked as the crowd turned to face us. They saw dad and began cheering so obviously these people were on his side. He directed me toward the front of the crowd where there was looked like a podium.

"This is where I speak. It's a little like how your presidents get their votes. I'm doing the same thing." Dad explained. "And you're going to help me." I turned to argue but he was already at his stand.

"Attention please. First of all, thank you all for coming. I know not all of you truly believe in the cause I have been pushing. This started as just a changing a simple law but it has turned into so much more than that. The laws the Council has set don't work anymore and they're not right. Families are being split a part and demons are sent to kill others. I would like the two kingdoms to work together, not against one another." He kept talking about his cause and made many great points. I clapped and cheered him on just like just about every one here. Finally, he paused for a moment and smiled.

"Now I could go on and on but I actually have some one who has been personally affected by the Council's laws. Kody can you please come up here." I looked at the crowd as they began to applaud. I slowly stepped up toward dad and I looked up at him. He motioned for me to speak.

"Um, hi. My name is Kody, Kody Sones. I..." I turned to face dad. I was never good at speeches and now was no exception.

"Go on. Tell them about everything. Even me." He whispered in my ear. I nodded and turned back to the crowd. I cleared my throat.

"King Davien is right. I have been on the receiving end of the Council and their laws. I am forbidden to exist among all of you. I was pulled away from my parents when I was barely a day old. Then I was placed with a human family and separated from my twin sister and was pretty much living a lie. And my parents, forced to watch from the sidelines. And my parents, my parents are the king of Underworld and the queen of the Light Kingdom."

:.Hayden's Pov.:

Mom had taken me to the Light Kingdom and explained that she needed me to make a speech. I had to explain who I am and what I lost. And that's exactly what I did. I told them all how unfair it was to be separated from my family, my sister. Everyone seemed to be on our side but a few didn't.

"That was good, Hayden. Really good." Mom said as we walked away. I smiled.

"Thanks, mom." We were about to go home when I saw someone I recognized.

"Eli?" The boy turned to face me, he looked utterly shocked to see me here. He walked over and bowed for mom.

"Your highness." She nodded her head as a thank you and he turned to me. "Hayden? The Council sent you back. You shouldn't be here." He said. I looked at mom.

"I know but I remembered and came back."

"That might not have been your brightest idea." Mom just grabbed my elbow and towed me away from Eli.

:.Ian's Pov.:

Ralph took us to a house, a simple house. It had a southern look to it with a wrap-around porch and acres of land. We walked up to the porch and Ralph unlocked the door.

"Loran, you home?" He yelled. I looked and Vincent and he shrugged.

"In the kitchen!" Someone yelled back. Ralph had us follow him and there was a boy making a sandwich.

"Hey Loran, you remember Vincent and Ian. Guys this is my brother Loran." We shook hands with Loran before he turned to clean up his mess.

"I wish you guys were able to remember, we had a lot of good times here." Ralph motioned for us to sit at the table. I sat down and Loran placed beers in front of us. I thanked him as I opened it and took a drink.

"Hey, the guys are going to be over later, you planning on staying?" Loran asked. The guys? He asked like we knew "The Guys." We must have once but not any more.

"No, I have to get them back soon. Besides, I'm pretty sure we have a snitch. They can't know they were here." Ralph answered. Vincent looked over and I heard what he was thinking.

If you're the only one who thinks so...

I thought the same thing actually.

"You're right. The rally is on for tonight. Don't let Davien forget. And let the queen know that she is set to speak." Loran said to Ralph.

"Wait, the rally?" Vincent asked.

"The rally is to get more followers for the king and queen. They need all the help they can get right now." I nodded and went to stand up.

"Okay, well I'd honestly like to get back to my girlfriend and I'm sure Vincent would like to do the same. Can you please send us back?"

:.Kody's Pov.:

When dad and I got back, the guys were already back but mom and Hayden weren't. Ian smiled like he always did when he saw me and pulled me to him.

"Hey sweetie, how was your trip?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"I had to give a speech." I said with a disgusted expression. He laughed as he squeezed my shoulders.

"And you survived that?" He asked sarcastically. Then turned to dad. "Did she get sick on you, Davien? She has been known to do that." I hit his shoulder as he continued to laugh.

"No, she did very well. I'm very proud of her." Dad answered. I smiled up at Ian.

"Thank you, dad." I stuck my tongue out at him as he kissed my forehead.

"You're silly." He stated.

"That's why you love me." He laughed and agreed with me. Dad went to the kitchen and got a glass of wine and Ian took my hand.

"Hey, can I talk to you alone for a moment?" He asked with a smile different from the one he was just wearing. It wasn't the goofy grin he usually had, this one was different. I was about to say yes when dad intervene.

"Not now, Lillian and Hayden will be back any minute and we have to get ready for the rally." As if on queue, they showed up in the living room.

"We have to go. The guards know they're here."

Mom had us pack our things, saying we had five minutes. Ian and I had our things packed in two. We had one bag each and had them filled with clothes. Of course I made sure I had a few writing supplies.

"Kody, that's everything. Come on." Ian said behind me. I turned to face him.

"One second." Just as I turned back, there was a crash in the front room. I heard dad swear and come running down the hall.

"Girls, come on." I quickly grabbed my familiars and followed Ian out of the room. We got to the kitchen with Hayden and Vincent right behind us. Dad came from us and ushered us to the front door but men running in that way. So we ran through the back door.

As we ran to the car, I heard people yelling for us to stop but no one did. We made it and as I opened the car door, someone grabbed me from behind. I started kicking and screaming with no avail. Whoever had me had no intentions on letting go.

"Kody!" Ian yelled. I continued to kick and scream but nothing changed. They held on tighter and tighter every time I fought.

Suddenly, I was no longer at the car but in a cell type room. I looked around and it looked familiar like I had been here before. I turned to see who was holding me but they disappeared.

"I see you broke the law once again."