Chapter 10

Return of the Secrets

:.Kody's Pov.:                                                              

"Kody, open the door. It's important, come on." I heard Hayden yell for the tenth time. I just laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone no matter how important. Suddenly I heard the door unlock and both Hayden and Vincent barged in.

"What do you want? I'm trying to sleep." I said sitting up. I was going to continue yelling but Hayden was breathing hard and both her and Vincent were extremely pale. Hayden looked a little mad at me. Vincent just looked panicked.

"Kody, we need to find Ian. Now." Hayden said.

"Wait, no. We can't just give you two to him on a freaking plate. I say we wait for him here. I can't let anything happen to you two." Vincent spoke up and I was becoming more and more confused.

"Guys, Ian made it perfectly clear that he wanted to leave. He doesn't want to be here. He's gone, okay. Stop trying to save him." I said, getting up. I started walking toward the kitchen with Hayden on my heels.

"Kody no, things are different now. We have to act fast."

"Since when?"

"Since he's plotting to kill us." I froze by the sink and suddenly found it hard to breathe. I had to grab hold of the counter top to hold myself up. Ian? Kill us? No that wasn't like him at all. I couldn't believe that.

"That can't be true. He couldn't kill anyone. He may be different now, but he'd never kill us." I had to defend him. He may not want to be with me anymore, hell he might not even love me anymore but I had to defend him.

"I saw him, Kody. He's going to kill you both. I'm sorry but we have to stop him." I shock my head. No it isn't possible.

"No, he isn't. He doesn't have it in him." Vincent took a stop forward.

"He's a demon, Kody. It's what they do."

"He's also good." I fought. This wasn't happening.

"Don't be so sure." The three of us looked toward the door and saw Ian standing there. He looked different, his hair was styled different, his clothes were different, even his eyes were different. I Iooked at his clothes and noticed how different they really were. Instead of just a flannel shirt and worn out blue jeans, he was wearing dark blue jeans, a gray shirt and a black leather jacket. Vincent grabbed hold of my wrist and pulled me protectively behind him with Hayden.

"Peaceful gathering. No harm intended." Ian said, putting his hands up. Vincent didn't back down, he just backed us up. I won't lie, I was scared. The look in his eyes, they looked wild and dangerous.

"Yeah and why should I believe you? You already hurt Hayden." I couldn't believe this was even happening. I had to save him but how? He isn't going to stop and listen to reason. I noticed he was doing everything he could not to look at me. Every time I'd move one way, he'd look another. This was either a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure which.

"I'm not sure what is going on, Ian but please just..." I froze as something shattered as it hit the wall next to my head.

"I told you I'm not coming back, Kody. I mean it." He said, finally looking at me. As our eyes connected and my heart finally broke, there was nothing in his eyes, no love, no anything. He no longer felt anything for me.

"Fine, don't. I no longer care." I said before walking away. I almost made it to the door when something cold and hard hit my shoulder. I cried out as I felt a sharp pain before falling to the ground.