Chapter 7

The Secrets Last Stand

:.Hayden's Pov.:

I helped Vincent up and walked him to the living room. I can't believe she did that.

"Are you alright?" I asked. He just nodded, hunched over. I could see his skin was pale and he was breathing kind of heavy. He was in a lot of pain. I turned and ran to the bedrooms. I stopped outside dad's and knocked.

"Dad, she's gone, please open the door." I said. He opened it just enough to see me.

"What?" He asked, coldly.

"Can you look at Vincent? She threw him into the table and he's hurt really bad." I asked. He nodded and came out. He walked out as I followed him. I stood behind him as he looked at Vincent, who looked a little better after a few minutes. Dad stood up straight.

"Well, you may have a cracked rib or two but I don't think anything is broken. You're going to be sore for a while though. Even demons burse." Vincent nodded as he slowly stood up, still holding his right side.

"Alright, why don't you sleep this off? Come on." And I helped him to our room.

:.Kody's Pov.:

I can't understand any of this. Dad, no matter how many times he's told otherwise, still believes that I enhanced my own powers. I need to figure out how to fix myself before I hurt anyone else.

"Kody?" I turned to see Malak behind me. "Kody, what is it?" He asked. I hadn't realized I was crying until he told me. I wiped my face and looked out into the field again.

"My dad kicked me out. He thinks I enhanced my own powers. That I somehow made myself stronger." I explained, starting to walk away. He realized this and stopped me.

"Look, you're letting this get between you and your family. You can't. You just need to learn to control it and use it to your advantage." He explained. I was still getting confused.

"Wait, you work for Novak. How do you figure you can play both sides? It doesn't work that way. You have to choose." I said before walking back to get away from him. He wasn't having it though, he still managed to find himself in front of me.

"Don't mistake my kindness. I will always side with Novak. He is what the Kingdoms really need, not your father. I can see you becoming one of the Council. Along Revela and Novak. you would do good with them." He explained. He wasn't serious? He wanted my help to basically overthrow my dad and now my sister. No, just no.

"You are really asking this of me. To help you take over my father's kingdom. Well, it's not going to happen. No." He nodded and took a step forward which caused me to take a step back.

"You will give in sometime. your anger will be your downfall and you can't go back to your human life. Nothing will change and you will hurt your family." With that, he disappeared. He was right, I can't go back. I have to stop whatever this is so I can go home. That's all I want.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned to see who it was but before I could, a hand covered my mouth so I couldn't scream. I fought but whoever it was, was stronger than me, way stronger.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

"I understand that, dad but out there when her powers are out of control, she's a sitting duck. She's in danger. Which is why we need to find her." I said, following dad around as he cleaned up the kitchen table. He was still pissed at Kody for actually leaving.