Chapter 13

Secrets of the Council

:.Kody's Pov.:

A fight had ensued. When we walked in back in, dad was so shocked to see mom but that soon turned to happiness, knowing that she was safe. Mom saw him and the biggest smile spread across her face but that soon disappeared when Novak explained everything to her, that's when the fight started and now Hayden, Ian and I are just watching. Ian kind of positioned himself in front of us and I just held on to his arm. I couldn't help but think this was our fault.

:.Vincent's Pov.:

"No, you're not going I am. He's my friend." I yelled. This was ridiculous.

"He's my friend too. Come on, man let me fix this." I sighed and nodded.

"If you screw up and they get hurt, I'll kill you myself." I said and he laughed.

"Believe me, you might not have to."

:.Kody's Pov.:

I watched as everyone fought. Hayden and I not sure what to do. Suddenly, something sparked inside me. Courage, courage to do what's right, courage to save my family. I watched as Novak fought Davien and Revela fought Lillian.

Hayden and I were still trying to figure out what to do when I lunged forward. Hayden seemed a little surprised at my actions but quickly followed suit. We began to help fight. I helped dad and Hayden helped mom. In all the chaos, I lost Ian. He just disappeared. Something wasn't right I could just feel it.

Suddenly, everyone froze. I tried to look around to see what was going on but I was frozen too. I could see dad and he looked kind of surprised. I was shocked to see Lowery come stand in front of me.

"You see, princess, I'm not all bad." He said before turning to face everyone else. "Why cant we just get along? Seriously. Hello, Novak, nice to see you. Same to you, Revela, stunning as always. Now can't we settle this peacefully?" He smiled at me as he let everyone go. I looked at Novak and tried to see any sign that he would let this go. He seemed to be thinking about it but a smile crossed his face; one that I knew I didn't like.

"Um, no." He simply said before throwing his sword at Lowery. I watched him fall and I couldn't believe it. The man who had wanted me dead was now dying right in front of me. I looked back up at Novak, he seemed unfazed by it.

"I've always hated your kind. It's not right, which is why I made you illegal. You see, girls, you're not good. There is a reason we made it illegal for you to exist. You're too strong, your powers go beyond the norm and we can't have that. I'm sorry." He explained. I looked at Hayden and she looked pissed. When she saw me looking at her, she walked over to me.

"Stay where you are." I heard Revela say. Hayden ignored her and came to stand next to me.

"Girls, don't." Dad yelled. I looked over at him and he looked scared.

"Kody, are you crazy? Stop." Ian said. I didn't know what we were doing but we just closed our eyes and that's when all hell broke loose.

When I opened my eyes, all I saw was complete chaos. I looked up and saw a tornado. Well, what looked like a tornado. It was more of fire and air mixed into a wide cyclone. Hair wiped my face as the wind was so strong that the tables the councils were sitting at had been knocked over and were moving around the room.

"Girls, stop!" I suddenly heard and I felt arms wrap around my waist. I lost my focus and saw the air disappear from the cyclone and a moment later, the fire faded as well. I felt extremely weak and fell to my knees. The arms never left my waist. I looked up to see that the arms belonged to Ian. He had a gash on his forehead and one that went from his cheekbone down to his chin. I looked over and saw Hayden, she didn't look much better than I felt.

Suddenly, I felt someone put their hand on my knee and I tried to jerk away. I looked down and saw Lowery had made his way over to us.

"Good job, princess. Didn't know you had it in ya." He said. I looked up at Ian and he looked shocked.

"Thanks, I guess." He chuckled although I could see that he was in serious pain.

"Man, this sucks. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. To both of you. I was an ass and I treated you like crap. I'm sorry. And Kody, you're father isn't evil. He's actually a really good man. I just thought he was the reason we were illegal. I was wrong and I'm sorry." Lowery explained. I looked over and dad was helping Hayden. I nodded once and looked back over.

"Thank you, Lowery." I said. He smiled and looked up at Ian.

"I'm sorry, man. I never meant for any of this to happen." Lowery said, holding out his hand. I looked up at Ian and he smiled, taking it. Then Lowery groaned and held his side. Ian and I sat forward and Ian grabbed his shoulders.

"Hey, man go back to the house. Get the guys to help you." He said. Lowery nodded and then he was gone. Suddenly dad was in front of me and I jumped.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded and then wrapped my arms around him.

"Yeah, dad I'm okay." I said. He chuckled and hugged me back. I just smiled.

"This is very touching but I am afraid I have to end the moment." We turned to see Novak standing in front of us. "We are standing by the law that states they must go back to their human lives." I looked at my parents. I didn't want to leave, I love this life; this world. It wasn't fair.

"Novak, I told you, we revoke that law. They're not going anywhere." Dad said. Mom came to stand next to him, grabbing his hand.

"King Davien, with all due respect, you can't simply revoke a law. That takes time. So they must go back. If the law gets revoked, then they may return." I dropped my head and my hope diminished. We had to go back. We couldn't stay. I watched as Hayden came to stand next to me. And I was shocked when I saw Vincent standing next her.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

Kody and I had to go back. I looked at mom and I could see the tears in her eyes. She just took me in her arms and I smiled. At least I got to meet my mother before I had to go back. I was grateful for that much.

Suddenly Vincent appeared and I ran to him. He grabbed me and span me around.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said. I just held him.

"They're sending us back." Was all I said. He just looked down at me and I could see the tears in his eyes that mirrored my own. He then kissed me and it was amazing. When he broke the kiss, he just wrapped his arms around me and I smiled, feeling safe with him.

When Novak finally spoke, I looked at Kody, she sat next to dad and Ian and I swear, I watched her heart break. She didn't want to leave. I walked over and I could tell she was shocked to see Vincent.

"Okay, now who are you young man?" Revela asked. She was losing her patience.

"I am Vincent, I am also half demon and half Shade." Revela pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Fine whatever. You're all going back. Say your goodbyes." Kody and I said goodbye to our parents and we watched Ian say goodbye to his father. I couldn't believe we didn't win this fight. It was unbelievable.

Suddenly there was a bright light and I felt funny. I held on to Vincent's hand as everything around disappeared.