Chapter 11

Secrets of the Council

:.Hayden's Pov.:

Davien and Ian were getting ready to leave while I sat at the table in the kitchen. I was sitting across from Vincent, silently eating an early dinner. Every so often I would look up at him to find him staring at me.

"You know about me, don't you?" I asked. He took a deep breath and shifted in his seat.

"I didn't, not until you showed up with Davien. I never knew that the Kody Lowery was talking about was the same Kody as your sister. But then he brought her here. It should have clicked then because I had met her before but it didn't. Then all the sudden, you're here. Now I don't really know what to think." He explained. I just nodded.

"Well, I don't really really know what to think about you now either." I said, pushing my empty plate away. He looked confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, for starters, I thought you were a Shade. Not half demon as well..."

"You're part demon..." He interrupted. I put my hand up.

"Let me finish. Second, you are part of a plot to kidnap my sister and over throw maybe even kill my father." I finished. He nodded once.

"Fair enough. But you weren't completely honest with me, either. You also told me you were a Shade."

"I had a good reason. If anyone knew I was Davien's daughter things would have been a lot worse, believe me." I answered. Vincent just looked at the table in front of him and we didn't say anymore.

"Hayden, we're about to head out. I'll text you when we get there and then again when we have Kody." He said. I nodded and I watched Davien leave with little hopes of seeing my sister again.

:.Kody's Pov.:

I sat in a room and thought about what the Council just told me. I could never know my mother and never see my father again. Maybe it would be safer that way. Maybe it wasn't the best, but it would be safer. Demons wouldn't be coming after us anymore and we could live a normal life. I remember in the beginning of all this, I didn't want a normal life.

"Kody?" I heard from the doorway. It was Ian. I stood up and just looked at him.

"Ian, what are you doing here? Are you crazy?" I said as he closed the distance between us and wrapped his arms around me. Instantly I felt safe.

"Your dad and I are here to get you." He said. And then he kissed me, which I have to say was amazing.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

"Okay, Davien just text me. They're there. Now we wait." I said. Vincent was playing video games with Lowery and seemed to barely be paying attention. I looked at the door and slowly started to make my way over to it. Suddenly I was frozen..

"Don't even think about it." Lowery said. Vincent paused the game and stood up. Lowery stands as well. "Where are you going?" He asked. I smiled innocently.

"Just to sit outside." I answered. They both shook their heads.

"Nope not without one of us with you. You're a flight risk." Vincent said. Lowery let me go and I stomped my foot like a toddler which made them smile a little.

"How'd you even know I was leaving?" I asked. Vincent smirked and raised his hand.

"Two things: I can sense movements even small ones. And there's a mirror. I've been watching you for ten minutes." I felt stupid.