Chapter 9

Secrets of the Council

:.Davien's Pov.:

I have been on the road for about an hour and I was starting to wonder how Hayden was doing. I decided it was time to check in and let her know how everything was going. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number and got a little confused when I heard a ringing in the back seat. I reached over, thinking she must have left it in here, it must have fallen out of her pocket when we jumped in the car this morning. I reached back and I found not only my daughter's phone, but I found my daughter lying on the floor under a blanket.

    "Hayden!" I yelled pulling the car over. I jumped out a whipped open the back door, I grabbed her arm and help her out.

    "Davien, please don't be mad." She said, getting on her feet. Really? Seriously?

    "Don't be mad? Hayden, I told you to stay at the house. It is not safe for you okay. They will kill you given the chance."

    "And they'll kill you, Davien. It will be better if we both go." She explained. No, I couldn't risk losing both my daughters.

    "Hayden, no. I can't be looking over my shoulder, watching your back. I have to go in focused. I'm sorry. I can't let you go." She was more stubborn than Lillian ever was. Lillian never would have climbed in the back seat of my car.

    "Why not? Why can't I go with you?" She asked me. Now she just sounds like a three year old.

    "Because they'll kill my daughter."

    "Yeah, and they'll kill my sister. I'm going." She said, jumping in the back seat. Wow, she really was stubborn.

:.Kody's Pov.:

    I was finally able to get some sleep in this crappy car. This was our forth hour on the road and I was getting restless. I really needed to get out of this car.

    "Can I stretch my legs please? I'm dying back here." I asked. Loran and Johnny had switched about an hour ago and now Loran was sleeping next to him. Johnny slowed and pulled over the car and let me out.

    "Run, I dare you." He says. I just cowered away from him.

    "Why did you kidnap me? What's the point?" I asked. He simply crossed his arms.

    "Well, we don't plan on hurting you, unless you give us a reason to. We need you, on our side. Against your father." I gasped and took a few steps back. He looked ready to grab me if I ran.

    "But why?"

    "Because, Kody, he needs to be stopped. He is truly evil, not to mention a hypocrite. Kody, people like you and me, we're banned from either world except the human world but his own daughter is one. You have been banned from having a life here. Do you honestly see that as fair?" He asked me. I was speechless. He had a point. Davien had two daughters that are half demon and half Shade, but yet no one can know we exist. We are banned from both worlds if known we exist.

    "You're right. That's not fair." I said. He put his hand on my shoulder.

    "Exactly, that's why we kidnapped you. We needed to get you out of there. You're safe with us." He explained, I just nodded and got back in the car.

:.Hayden's Pov.:

"Okay, it seems like you just need to head south a little longer. Then I'm really not sure where the road goes. It just says plantation. I didn't realize there were plantations in Ohio. Not that I remember." I explained to Davien as we drove. I felt like we were close now. Really close.