"Alright, you know how to use your manifesting power, show me." He said. I nodded and thought of something to manifest. Finally, I remembered back in the beginning when Hayden and I first discovered our powers and I manifested a plate of cookies, so I did it again. I held out my hands and the plate formed. I just smiled as I handed it to him. He chuckled, taking one of them.

"Okay, any amateur can create a plate of cookies. I need you to think of something harder. Something that shows your true power." He explained, eating the cookie before I made the cookies disappear and thinking of something harder. Finally, I had it. I put my hand out in front of me and closed my eyes.

I imagined what I could and felt it begin to form. The rough, splintering, wood. The smooth, cold, glass. I felt everything as it all fell into place and became real.

"Kody...I...um...that's amazing. I didn't know you were capable of that." I opened my eyes to see that I made either a rather large dog house, or a very small play house. Either way, it impressed dad.

"I didn't even know I was capable, dad. I've never done anything like this before." I said, looking at him. He just shrugged with a smile as I put my hand on the house to make it disappear. It kind of made me uneasy but I couldn't place why.

"Okay, one last thing that I'm going to teach you today." Dad said, catching my attention back once the house was gone completely. He closed his eyes and nothing seemed to happen.

"...I've never done anything like this before." I said, looking at him, but when I did, he had a smug smile on his face. "What?" I asked. He just laughed and clapped his hands together.

"I just used my power on you. One that both you and your sister have inherited." He explained as I looked at the house that made me uneasy and made it disappear.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Kody, I have the power to control time. I can rewind and fast forward it, but only for a few minutes. It can be pretty cool." I remember now. Lowery showed me that back in the beginning when he tried to kill me. I smiled and waited patiently as dad explained to me how to use this power, he even let me try it on my own. I tried it and every time I did, it worked. I was so excited but at the same time, wary. Yesterday, I could barely use my basic powers, now I'm mastering all of them? It definitely didn't make sense.

:.Ian's Pov.:

I watched Kody from the woods behind the house and was amazed by how she was doing but I also cautious. She shouldn't have gotten so good in so little time. When they finished, I went back to my dad's house. If what she told me yesterday was true, about not being able to use her powers, something is defintialy wrong if she's able to use them today.

I had to somehow tell Davien or Vincent. I had to tell them something is wrong. But the question is, will they even listen?

:.Kody's Pov.:

"Dad, I think I left my phone at Ralph's. I'll be back in a little while." I yelled from my room.

"Alright, be back soon. I still have work to do with Hayden." I agreed and left. I ended up in Lakewood, my hometown. I found myself at my adoptive mother's house again. I just sat in my car and looked at my old house, I loved it there and I wanted it back. I could only hope that we defeat the Council soon so I could come home. Finally, I started my car and drove off. I then found myself in an empty field in the Metroparks, a nature reserve in my community. When suddenly, I heard someone up behind me. I turned to see Malak standing there.

"I just enhanced your powers. That's all. You should be fine." He finally explained.

"Should be? What the hell does that mean? Besides you work for the Council. Why are you enhancing my powers?" I asked, standing up, dusting the dirt and grass off of my pants. This was ridiculous, there was no way he was helping me. It could only be bad. He had his hands behind his back as he started talking a few steps toward me.