"Please tell me you helped." she said. Vincent smiled up at her.

"Nope. She wouldn't let me. She said she knew what she was doing. And given by the smell, I'm going to agree." I smiled down at him as Hayden grabbed his attention back.

"Um, Vincent this is Kody's cooking we are talking about."

"I made taco chicken." I intervened.

"Oh, okay then. Why didn't you say so." she said, walking back to the bedrooms.

"Love your faith in me, Hayden." I said under my breath as I started making plates. I set the table and got everyone a drink. Once everyone came to sit, I sat down. I quietly picked at my food and dad seemed to notice.

"Okay, Kody what's bothering you? You barely speak to anyone, you hide away and you've been drinking. I never asked but I'm asking now, what is it?" No one ever asked me what happened at Ralph's when I went to talk to Ian. I just came home and began hiding. I never told them anything.

"Ian tried to give me a ring." I said. Dad chocked on his food and Vincent started hitting his back. Once he stopped chocking, Hayden spoke up.

"When?"

"About a month ago but it didn't mean anything. He tried to give it to me so I could sell it or even keep it but I didn't want something that didn't mean anything. So I left it there when I left it behind." I explained.

"So it wasn't a proposal or anything?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No it wasn't." I thought for a minute. "Look, I've been thinking. When this is all over and we defeat the Council, I think I'm going to go back to my old life." I explained. I looked at dad and saw so many emotions cross his face before he settled on understanding.

"But Kody, you belong here, in this life. Both of you do." I took I deep breath before continuing.

"Dad, I...I've never dealt with as much pain and loss like I have here. I've been kidnapped, lied to, almost killed, and had my memories stolen. I even lost my boyfriend to evil. Not to mention, I couldn't save mom. I can't go through anymore. Like said, I will help defeat the Council but I am going back to my old life and I want to forget this one."

:.Hayden's Pov.:

Vincent and I tried to finish eating while listening to dad yell at Kody for her decision.

"Vin, she used to love this life. It was everything she's ever wanted. We need to get her to see she's wrong." I said. He took a bite of his food and looked up.

"With everything she's been through the past two years, do you blame her? I mean for wanting a normal life? Hayden, if this is what she wants, you have to let her go."

"No, I don't." I got up from the table and stormed down to her room, where the yelling was coming from. The door was locked, but I just unlocked it.

"Hayden, wait." Vincent yelled afte me. I ignored him and shoved the door open.

"Kody, you're not going back. I'm not letting you throw all of this away. A year and a half ago, you were fighting dad to let you stay."

"Yeah, well, I didn't know then what I know now. Hayden, I don't want to remember feeling this way. And I certainly don't want to continue drinking to get rid of it. I will help defeat the Council but I'm not staying. I've made up my mind. I'm sorry." She then walked passed us and straight out the back door. We tried to follow her but she disappeared.

:.Kody's Pov.:

I found myself sitting at the top of the ferris wheel at our local amusement park. The park was closed for the season so no one was around. I just looked out onto Lake Erie and thought about what happened back at the house. Everyone was so mad at me for this but I can't continue to live like this. It hurt too damn much. I just want to forget about everything I lost, I want to forget about Ian.

"I thought I'd find you here." I jumped and screamed. I turned to see Ian sitting next to me. After I calmed down, I moved to the seat across from him.

"What do you want?" I asked, coldly.

"Your dad came to the house looking for you. I told him I might know where you are. And I was right." He explained with a smile. I looked back out to the lake. "Don't look so smug. How'd you know I'd be here?" I asked. He sighed and leaned back in his seat, making the car sway a little. When he finally looked at me, I remembered.

"You used to tell me that you loved this place. That you hated roller coasters but loved the ferris wheel because you love it when it would stop at the top and you could see over the lake. It relaxes you and I also remember when I brought you here, the smile on your face when you saw the water. You always loved the water, Kody." He explained. He didn't look so smug anymore. I found myself crying again. I didn't want to cry infront of him. I didn't want him to see his effect on me that it still hurts me.

"My dad sent you. Didn't he?" I asked. He seemed to know about my decision.

"Actually, no. I heard his thoughts. He did try to punch me though. Ralph held him back and Vincent made the shot. I must have pissed a lot of people off." I leaned forward in my seat and looked him right in the eye.

"You hurt Hayden, twice. She almost died. You dislocated my shoulder and you were part of the plan that got my mother killed. Yeah you pissed off a lot of people." I could tell he didn't want to be reminded of what he did but too bad because I have to live with it.

"You can't leave." He said.

"It's my choice..."

"That effects everyone. You're taking the easy way out. You're not facing your problems, you're running from them." He yelled. Why was he reacting like this? He doesn't care what happens to me or my family.

"I'm not running from anything"

"Well, you're sure as hell not facing anything. Look, our kingdoms need you..."

"That's exactly my point. Everyone is expecting me to save everyone. I can't do what he wants me to do. I can't even get my powers to work and I'm supposed to defeat the Council. I don't think so." As I finished, I noticed that the car we were in was now on the ground. I around to see Hayden and dad standing next to the controls.

"You're scared. And I understand why but you need to face the fact that you belong here." And with that he was gone.

:.Ian's Pov.:

After I left Kody, I found myself back at my dad's. I felt horrible because I caused so much pain. Not only for Kody but for Davien and Hayden too. I don't think I'll ever be welcomed back into the home again.

Kody decided to go back to be a normal human girl. She wouldn't even remember me, how much I loved her. Hell, she doesn't know that now.

That's when I lost it. I started trashing the house, throwing things, breaking anything I could. Seeing her so upset and I'm not able to do anything about it, it kills me. I tried like hell to never make her feel that way but in the end, it wasn't enough and I failed. She may never forgive me for what I've done.

Once I finished, I looked around and sank to my knees. She hated me and I loved her. I couldn't believe this was happening. I couldn't believe it was all my fault. I needed to fix this and soon because I can't lose Kody. I just can't.