Chapter 69~all in the family

Start from the beginning

"Ms.what is actually in the Ricky and Amy files?" Sally questions. "Oh it's just family pictures." I say clicking on it.

I play the movie and the principle knock at my door.

"Hey Mrs.Underwood next time just send Micah to the office, I'm aware of his behaviour in class and I prefer I deal with it head on." He says and I nod. "Sorry Mr.Anderson I'll send him to you next time." I say smiling, and he nods before walking off.

I get home at around 2:30 and find Robbie sitting on the couch. "Hey how about I go get changed and we go out and hang out?" I ask him and he nods happily.

Ricky Pov

I get off work and head to go pick up the kids.

I wait outside of Johns class, and a teacher walks up to me. "Hey I'm miss.Paul, I'm in charge of the kids here." She says smiling and I nod. "John is a very bright student, and I do think it would be best to place him in some advanced classes. So here's some papers and you and your wife and him can look over them." She says handing me a stack of papers.

"Also Johnwrote this paper, and I think you and your wife might want to read it." She says smiling, handing me the paper than walking off.

       My Superheroes
    By: John Underwood
Normal kids my age have superheroes like Batman and Superman who inspire them. However, I'm a weird kid. My favorite superheroes are my parents, Amy and Ricky Underwood. They inspire me in a thousand ways, including when it comes to my dreams, future, and legacy.

My mother got pregnant with me when she was only a freshman in high school. My dad was a sophomore, who, shall I say, participated in "sexual activities" with all the girls at school. Due to his childhood he didn't really care what happened to him until I came around (or so he says). But he only stopped these "activities" to impress my mom when he started falling for her. But even though my mom changed him a lot, it didn't happen for two years. This is why they're always telling me, "You can't change someone unless they want to be changed."

Before me my mother had big dreams. She wanted to go to Juilliard and play in the New York harmonic. Slowly, that dream changed to Hudson University, who gladly accepted her. I have always had a deep sense of admiration for her chasing down her dream and not letting anything hold her back. But she wasn't the only one who had a dream. My father's dream was her. So he followed his dream to hers. Then, in living both their dreams, they began to share a new one: family.

Although it's gross sometimes, they still have that spark and fire I saw eight years ago. Their love for each other is so flawless, it has only gotten stronger over the years. I know it's gonna hard to live up to it, but I'm up for the challenge. I can only hope to someday find a relationship so real yet so much like a fairy tale.

There are my superheroes for you. They can be both embarrassing at times and inspirational at other times. Then again, they're my parents--it's part of the job description. For the most part, though, their story will always encourage me to always do the right thing and follow my dreams, whatever they may be.

I cry a little as I read this. The bell rings and John comes out.

"Woah who died?" John asks referring to my red eyes, shit, I mutter under my breath. "John why would you think that?" I ask placing a hand on his back and walking towards Delilahs class.

"Cause you've obviously been crying, and I know you dad your strong you only cry when it's something bad." He says and I feel the tears wanna come again, i love how strong my son thinks I am.