chapter 51: guilt

Start from the beginning

Stiles and Scott are downstairs. No one has been able to locate Corey and we're getting really worried about him, fearing the worst.

I spend a couple of hours with the girls. My girls. Sometimes we sit in silence. Sometimes we talk. They let me get some things off my chest. They let me cry. I don't know what I would do without them. They keep me sane through everything.

Losing Josh has brought back the pain of losing Allison. It's all come back to me. And Josh's death has opened up my old wound and made it deeper. Sad thing is that I won't even have the proper time to mourn him. The Dread Doctors are still here and they are going to kill more and more people and we have to find a way to stop them. The circumstances are forcing me to move on fast, or at least to try. We are all forced to.

After a while, we go downstairs. Theo is here and he's talking with Scott and Stiles. Liam and Mason are on their way and when they get here Mason takes me aside and says all the right things, like he always has, already helping to mend my broken heart.

---------------------------

sunday night; mccall household

We spend all day looking for Corey. We do everything in the plan we came up with, splitting up into groups and covering different grounds but we still come up empty.

Dad said more teenagers are beginning to disappear, and we can't even find one.

"We have to find him. Quick. We're running out of time." Scott says.

--------------------------------

monday; beacon hills high school

I walk into Biology class and start to make my way to my seat. I see the desk Josh and I shared when we first became lab partners.

All of these emotions I'm trying to keep in place come rushing back to me, making me feel weak. The books I held in my hands fall to the floor and everyone in class turns to look at me. I kneel down to pick them up, quickly wiping away some tears. I stand up and find everyones eyes still on me.

I can't do this

I turn around, ready to run out of the classroom that seems to be getting smaller and smaller by the second, but run right into Mason.